Join for free
Page 49 of 1676 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 1049 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 07:13 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Yebbut-Adam,ariving fully grown,circa 40y/o...wondering "WTF!"
So-ok,he accepts it...gets on with it...one day wakes up with a pain in his side and a fully-grown woman staring at him. Hmm...ok,in the words of that immortal song, "Let's get it on"...result,Cain,Abel & Seth,of whom we know little,plus apparently various offspring of lesser importance-some of whom were female. Ok-go with it-then Abel offers a,well,offering to God-a lamb...Cain thinks,"Sod that-I'm not being left out"-and offers some crops.
Abel's offering accepted,Cain's not so favoured...BIG huff,splats his bro with a rock. THAT pisses off the Big Guy-who evicts him from the G of E. Cain gets huff,goes to Nod,has a son via his wife/sister [ahem] names the place Enoch after his son. [with me so far?] Now...Seth,well,he declines the limelight,so not much known,other than he fathered many offspring,dying at 912 years old! [stone the crows....getting his leg over at 912! No WONDER he died!] Right-now according to Genesis 5.5,Adam lived to be 930 years old. Now,[stay with it-this is the good bit....honest],Josephus tells us Adam & Eve had in total 33 sons & 23 daughters,each born 7 years apart. Which means Eve [poor ol' gal] was pregnant for 350 of her 912 years-but didn't START pumping 'em out until she was almost 70 years old!
Blimey-& YOU thought your gimp-mask & browsing history was kinky!
can we try to keep this a bit effin simpler PLEASE!!

Now follow me - God placed Adam into a deep sleep and removed a rib and closed up the would with a skin flap [first example of thoracic surgery]

from the rib he fashioned Eve - was it a little rib, large sturdy rib or long slender rib? - no description is given.

but the crux of the matter is this - when Adam first made love to Eve and started producing all those chidlern[I assume they were not all immaculate conceptions! ] he was in fact making love to himself - follow??

and hasn't man been doing that ever since?? [and that's why he always gets it wrong -it's a frightening experience having a deep and meaningful relationship with yaself all the time!} now I've lost meself - where do we go from here??
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 08:47 PM

Oh dear. #sigh#

Look,gumbud- BLOKES have an even number of ribs and BLOKETTES have...umm...an even number of ribs. Hmm...
I suggest you sit in a quiet corner and take yourself in hand...metaphorically speaking,natch...

but it wouldn't hurt to delete your browsing history afterwards,squire. [nudge,nudge...]
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:42 AM

Pug, you continue to amaze us mere mortals with the breathtaking sweep and depth of your mind.

BTW, WTF has gimp got to with anything.
The reason I ask is not a trivial one> I have this chronic urge to make announcements in elevators when arriving at each floor level , for example

"Floor 2, menswear, haberdashery, felt, gimps, braids and tassels"I always get a smile or positive reaction, never a negative one, apart from the occasional irascible comment, "Can I still get felt on Haberdashery?". Clever dicks in the main who wouldn't ordinarily know their Twisted Insertion Piping from their Loop Edged Ladder Braid.
In doing this I salute the men and women of the 1940s , 50''s and 60's who bravely manned the elevators in my favourite department store, Grace Brothers & suffered willingly with the mind crushingly boring job. I once heard that Cecil Armstrong, one arm & one eye, used to break the cycle by singing now and then sea shanties. His favourite.....

Sons of the sea, bobbin up and down like this.
Sailing the ocean, bobbin' up and down like this.

He'd then ascend to the top floor and announce going up (doh) no one got on & then plummet to the lower basement & say going down.

This was just before he left for early retirement at The Cottage Homes, nice bloke he was
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 06:24 PM

RJ2,I apologise.

As it happens,yesterday I was 'asked' to leave a physics forum.
I've been a member there for 8 years-but am no longer welcome.
I shall leave you all to guess why-the answer really isn't difficult to guess.
One of the HUGE curses of an eidetic memory is the knowledge that for every single day of your existence,you'll be considered a pita. Believe me,when I tell you it's NOT a boon,nor is it a gift...it's merely a burden. I will now with draw from contributing for a while,that yooz other chaps [and chappettes,natch] can have a better quality of fun. Again,apologies.

be lucky. Pug.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:45 PM

I always enjoy your stories of your days back in ‘Grace Bros.’ RJ.

I worked in a swanky big Jewellers back in the 1960’s, all the male attendants called each other mister and the females miss or mrs, the ladies all wore black uniforms with sexy black stockings, the boss was well into his eighties when I was there, God be good to him, but he was a doddery cranky old shite. I was below in the basement workshop, no windows and all sorts of chemical fumes, ammonia, sulphuric and nitric acids etc, all the jewellery was boiled in deluted ammonia after polishing to remove the polishing dirt,( the speller corrected that to 'Delighted Ammonia') Christ it’s a wonder I’m still alive, none of your health and safety then. We had one of those tube travelling systems where you put a job into a canister and it whizzed up to the shop and they whizzed something back down to you, a ring to be sized or a charm to be soldered onto a charm bracelet. I was all very formal but the three of us in the workshop used to have a good laugh. When i get more time I’ll tell you about the time the old boss dropped a tray of mixed diamonds going up the stairs, it was his own fault he never let anyone else do the weighing and grading, boy that was one funny day, not for him though.

I always enjoy your physics stuff Pug, please continue to share your knowledge, I don’t always understand it but love trying to figure it out for meself, learned a lot from your posts, I never had the edumaycation you see. By all means take a break if your tired, but don’t go missing, jaysus look at all the trouble we had trying to get the Gummy fella back, had he been a Frenchman we would have killed the fatted Snail, and laid on the fatted Can-Can girls.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
RJ2,I apologise.

As it happens,yesterday I was 'asked' to leave a physics forum.
I've been a member there for 8 years-but am no longer welcome.
I shall leave you all to guess why-the answer really isn't difficult to guess.
One of the HUGE curses of an eidetic memory is the knowledge that for every single day of your existence,you'll be considered a pita. Believe me,when I tell you it's NOT a boon,nor is it a gift...it's merely a burden. I will now with draw from contributing for a while,that yooz other chaps [and chappettes,natch] can have a better quality of fun. Again,apologies.

be lucky. Pug.
well I think we have always taken you Pug with a pinch of salt - oops the salt cellar is empty again!

the world is in turmoil said Gabriel to the Lord. Medina has been attacked by the very people who adore the prophet

The Leaders in UK are falling like skittles and in OZ we may have a hung parliament and a second election - what you didn't realize we'd had a first one?

my paltry part UK pension arrived yesterday and all I lost in the deal over 3ths was 30 pounds - thank goodness for the good Canadian Chief of the Bank of England. Perhaps I should have had an Irish pension Jem - what say you??

There is a young laddie from OZ
Who drops us a line coz he coz
He says keep up ya peckers, coz Englands not deckers
You will rise from the ashes coz you coz!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 10:33 PM

Yes, all will be ok, we have had Double Deckers.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 11:15 PM

iPug, please don't withdraw on my shift, it's too much responsibilty for me to bear. Everyone knows I.m a pretentious pompous old fart, intent on puffing himself up
What do I know about anything anyway. Posting on here is a kind of therapy & reading back some of the tosh I write points to me needing counselling sooner rather than later.
JEm I look forward to your tales of back in the day
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2016, 07:30 AM

Too late to delete now... shucks...
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

06-07-2016, 01:09 PM

He is a pretentious old fart
Puffing himself up all by half
Oh Pug come and counsel, with your full on nounsel
And help him rekindle his stars!

Page 49 of 1676 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 1049 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top