Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 11:55 PM

Re: Britain 'draws up battle plan for war with North Korea'

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
"..and they (the Americans) were not a help then".

Such a lack of knowledge leaves one breathless and utterly speechless.
I have felt the same way with regard to other statements she has made recently.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Not a lot a small island in the North Sea can do, no bombers, one aircraft carrier without aircraft, a small underequipped Army with no way of getting to Korea, especially during the summer months, all the ferries and cruise ships being fully booked up. It will be down to the nuclear subs if onecan repaired in time and they can find a Captain who has not been court martialed for inappropriate behaviour with his crew.
I heard on the intelligence grave vine (I have friends in high places in the doughnut) that G4S will be given the contract to defend British interests abroad.
Job jobbed, p.roblem solved, now move along.
Many a true word spoken in jest, made me laugh
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
What point are you making?

The Falklands war didn’t come fall under the NATO agreement because of its geographical location.
No point whatsoever....apart from being part of the UK and being invaded AFTER ww2
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
Oh dear, Donald.
Donald is Rehab's nickname....because if he gets in power you'd best Duck.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Not a lot a small island in the North Sea can do, no bombers, one aircraft carrier without aircraft, a small underequipped Army with no way of getting to Korea, especially during the summer months, all the ferries and cruise ships being fully booked up. It will be down to the nuclear subs if onecan repaired in time and they can find a Captain who has not been court martialed for inappropriate behaviour with his crew.
I heard on the intelligence grave vine (I have friends in high places in the doughnut) that G4S will be given the contract to defend British interests abroad.
Job jobbed, p.roblem solved, now move along.
Originally Posted by Freespirit ->
Many a true word spoken in jest, made me laugh
I'm not so sure they were spoken in jest.
I'm afraid they are perfectly true, more's the pity.

This country has been very badly run since the 1960s, with no-one else to blame but our politicians.

In the 1930s, our armed forces were continually being run down, and look what happened after that.

The same thing is happening now, yet our glorious leaders still insist on sending what is left of our forces to fight pointless battles which really don't concern us.

For some reason, foreign aid is considered far more important than the defence of our nation.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Any Nuclear Strike on N Korea would affect China.

There is no way they would not retaliate.

North Korea has no way of accurately targeting the UK.

China has.

It is butt out time for us.
Surely North Korea doesn't have to target the UK for you to be involved all they have to do is hit Europe which is a much more tempting target than Australia. (A British or Yank General said very recently that from a strategic point of view a North Korean missile targeted at Australia is a wasted missile)

An excellent article and map:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-16/north-korea-missile-range-map/8880894

They quite possibly already have the missiles and while a nuclear warhead might be beyond them at the moment they are also supposed to have biological and chemical warheads which could be fitted to intercontinental ballistic or orbiting missiles.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top