Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

14-03-2013, 04:10 PM

Re: Papal Conclave

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was an atheist for many many years I didn't need religion to tell me what was right, but since finding my faith it's nice to see what I have always done is what my religion tells me is right. Everyone can get there on their own but it's so much better in my life to find the support of my church.

I haven't seen any arrogance in my church, I do see some in atheists who fail to respect those who do have Faith and their belief they are always right.
I have absolutely NO respect at all for the people who use religious scare tactics to try to scare people into conversion!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:23 PM

Take no notice Julie. These atheists have a big axe to grind.
They simply do not get it. They are fumbling around in the dark and are angry that we see something they cannot. But such is life.
That's the problem with discussions about religion between believers and none believers, there is no middle ground, nor can there ever be, so it's one of life's merry-go-rounds.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I don't think any Catholic, myself included gives a hoot about what you think.
Nor C of E Mall, for a person who doesn't believe in religion Dog Lover, you have a lot to say about the subject.
You seem to be on all religious threads.
If I didn't believe in anything, I wouldn't go on a thread to start a war.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Nor C of E Mall, for a person who doesn't believe in religion Dog Lover, you have a lot to say about the subject.
If you didn't have 2 opposing sides Arthur there would be no discussion would there and after all this is a discussion forum. War is fun in words no-one gets hurt
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Nothing wrong with my disposition as long as I am not surrounded by religeous cranks.
Now that's amusing coming from a Misanthrope
mesco m
manchester

14-03-2013, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
The point is Arthur, she has nothing to say at all. Apart from it's all rubbish Now there's a very sensible case for me being persuaded to give up my faith in God
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:42 PM

The point is Arthur, she has nothing to say at all. Apart from it's all rubbish Now there's a very sensible case for me being persuaded to give up my faith in God
I have said plenty most of which has been unanswered. Like there is no proof there is a God and I don't beleve in anything without proof. Also if there is a God why do good people die young and evil people live and prosper. Why does an intelligent man like Steven Hawking stay imprisoned in a useless body. Why are there so many conflicts in the world many over religeon. You continue to believe in your non existant god if it makes you happy but you can't answer my questions and so I say its all a load of crap.
mesco m
manchester

14-03-2013, 04:54 PM

I have said plenty most of which has been unanswered. Like there is no proof there is a God and I don't beleve in anything without proof. Also if there is a God why do good people die young and evil people live and prosper. Why does an intelligent man like Steven Hawking stay imprisoned in a useless body. Why are there so many conflicts in the world many over religeon. You continue to believe in your non existant god if it makes you happy but you can't answer my questions and so I say its all a load of crap.
There would be simply no point because after I had wasted my time pointing things out to you, you would simply say "IT'S ALL CRAP". So I won't waste my time. We are polarised and nothing is going to change that any time soon.

Now supposing I say there is no God. What do you suppose is responsible for all those things that have happened to those people you mention in your post?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:55 PM

I could tell you about free will and what I believe may be God's plan but unless you can prove God does not exist I don't see the point. For me Faith and God are far more than a discussion where we score points. I get my sport in other ways that don't hurt anyone else and don't feel so arrogant I would make fun of anyones belief or lack of it.
The Dog Lover
Watford

14-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Now supposing I say there is no God. What do you suppose is responsible for all those things that have happened to those people you mention in your post?
My point is that if there was an all seeing all caring God then he wouldn't have let these things happen which are due to human acts and/or break down of health. Its proof to me there is no God as he could obviously have prevented/cured all of those things I mentioned. So my question to you is if there is a God why hasn't he sorted it all out.

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top