Join for free
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 04:29 PM

Re: Hospital boy taken

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I certainly hope it will lead to a better understanding by doctors of how parents of seriously ill children feel and how gently they should be treated, with all options thoroughly discussed.....................
Communication is the key...
Peadiatric neurologists are understanding and sympathetic when dealing with very sick children and their parents.......and I can assure you that all options are discussed..
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Peadiatric neurologists are understanding and sympathetic when dealing with very sick children and their parents.......and I can assure you that all options are discussed..
Unless you were present at the consultations you cannot possibly know that.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Agreed

I know from personal experience that doctors can have very poor bedside manners and their explanations are wholly inadequate.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 06:25 PM

I have been present at countless consultations Victor's Mate and I haven't experienced any consultation that has been less than professional, caring, fully disclosing and most importantly empathic with the parents anguish.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 06:42 PM

I attended consultations prior to my wife's passing having suffered from AML and can confirm that is not always the case as the hospital eventually admitted but that does not alter the case you were not there therefore you do not know and all your experience does not alter the fact.
Not that I would ever expect you, as the self appointed forum expert, to admit that.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Agreed

I know from personal experience that doctors can have very poor bedside manners and their explanations are wholly inadequate.
Tell me about it....................!!
Pats
Lincolnshire

09-09-2014, 08:48 PM

I attended consultations prior to my wife's passing having suffered from AML and can confirm that is not always the case as the hospital eventually admitted but that does not alter the case you were not there therefore you do not know and all your experience does not alter the fact.
While I sympathise that all was not well when you attended consultations with your wife, that does not reflect on the whole of the medical profession.

I have never claimed to be present in the case of Aysha and his parents, but neither were you or any members of this forum unless of course you know different?
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth

09-09-2014, 09:02 PM

So if you were not there you opinion is of no more value than anyone else's because like the rest of us you just don't know do you?
Pats
Lincolnshire

09-09-2014, 09:10 PM

So if you were not there you opinion is of no more value than anyone else's because like the rest of us you just don't know do you?
My opinion was based on my experiences not specifically on this case.

As you so rightly say, if we were not there then we just don't know.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 09:22 PM

We all base our opinions on our our own personal experiences, just as you have VM. The only addition I can make, knowing the hospital in question and many staff, is that IMHO I would consider them to be very sympathetic to the parents of a sick child. My own grandchild has had treatment at Southampton General. They have an ethos of empathy.

Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top