Join for free
Page 19 of 33 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:06 PM

Re: Is Democracy Dead?

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
So Solasch, your arguments about Brexit are based on your perceived financial loss. At last the truth comes out.
it's all about money on both sides Fogey. There will be plenty pro-leave who will butter their bread from their investments.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think I can answer that.

There seems to be a tacit understanding between most of the EU countries that these rules can be ignored.

With one exception, of course: the UK. They know that we, or rather our politicians, will apply their rules exactly and without compromise.

As long as we continue to stick to their rules, and continue to subsidise them, they are happy.
Thank goodness we're leaving then.

For me the behaviour of those that represent the EU simply reinforces my decision to vote to leave.

All this brouhaha about Ireland is designed purely to throw a spanner in the works.

If there is goodwill on both sides, then all those problems can be solved at a stroke - and don't even try to tell me differently.

The EU don't want us to have a deal when we leave which will then serve as a lesson to those EU countries who are dissatisfied with the dictatorship the EU is fast becoming.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
it's all about money on both sides Fogey. There will be plenty pro-leave who will butter their bread from their investments.
For me personally, I felt the UK would be a better place without the interference of the EU.

Money simply didn't enter the equation.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:15 PM

For me personally, I felt the UK would be a better place without the interference of the EU.

Money simply didn't enter the equation.
All I can say is read Floydy's dental thread on the health forum. Voters were played in the same way IMO. Some made a killing from vote leave and some will make a bigger killing from a no deal scenario. It's just the old confidence trickster approach....You think you will get magic but you just get old snake oil.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-10-2018, 10:17 PM

Thank goodness we're leaving then.

For me the behaviour of those that represent the EU simply reinforces my decision to vote to leave.

All this brouhaha about Ireland is designed purely to throw a spanner in the works.

If there is goodwill on both sides, then all those problems can be solved at a stroke - and don't even try to tell me differently.

The EU don't want us to have a deal when we leave which will then serve as a lesson to those EU countries who are dissatisfied with the dictatorship the EU is fast becoming.
It's all smoke and mirrors. People never get what they think they will get. I mean how many times in history has the same illusion been played out?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:22 PM

So Solasch, your arguments about Brexit are based on your perceived financial loss. At last the truth comes out.
If you care look back at older posts by me, you will see that my point was everytime, there are repercussions for the EU 27 as well. Prices will go up in other countries too. Just as in the UK prices have gone up since the brexit referendum, so have ours.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:30 PM

You seem to forget that whatever I argue, or you and others on this forum for that matter, it makes no difference anymore.
It seems to me that you are absolutely terrified of the future, and try to hide this behind big big words. And you fail.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Yes, of course it is.

Why should the NI - Ireland border be such a problem when there are many land borders between EU and non-EU (eg, Ukraine or Belorussia) countries?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-10-2018, 10:40 PM

We are not Ukraine.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-10-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If you care look back at older posts by me, you will see that my point was everytime, there are repercussions for the EU 27 as well. Prices will go up in other countries too. Just as in the UK prices have gone up since the brexit referendum, so have ours.
I just see wasted efforts... that to me is anathema

Page 19 of 33 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top