Join for free
Page 28 of 33 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 > Last »
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 04:10 PM

Re: Is Democracy Dead?

So what is it about the success of the UK outside the European Union do you have a problem with, Solasch?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
So what is it about the success of the UK outside the European Union do you have a problem with, Solasch?
What success would that be then?
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 04:23 PM

Jeez! Always with the negative vibes.

Now ask what vibes would that be then.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
What success would that be then?
Well there won't be any if everyone is as down beat as you are about it Purwell, we need to be a bit more positive and confident to make it work. I am hoping once we are out we can get this country back together to move forward, it's going to be a question of are we all willing to try or if people want to give up then get out of the way and let the young people who do have vision and confidence get a chance.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well there won't be any if everyone is as down beat as you are about it Purwell, we need to be a bit more positive and confident to make it work. I am hoping once we are out we can get this country back together to move forward, it's going to be a question of are we all willing to try or if people want to give up then get out of the way and let the young people who do have vision and confidence get a chance.
Come on then tell us how to do for God's sake!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 05:55 PM

then get out of the way and let the young people who do have vision and confidence get a chance.
Perhaps not only a minimum age for voting should be applied, but a maximum age too.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 06:59 PM

It doesn't matter how cheerful and motivated we are, we won't be doing zilch without trade agreements. By the time they are agreed the young people will not be so young any more.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd just like to say that I have now added Solasch and Itsme to my 'red list'.

It is nothing personal, I promise. The problem is that I seem to have involved myself in rather more threads than usual and am trying to cut down on what I consider to be things that I earlier decided to participate in.

Whereas I have been particularly interested in discussions on politics and, specifically the EU and Brexit, many of these discussions have become boringly repetitive especially the predictable contributions from certain members.

I apologise if this statement is seen by some as offensive. No personal offence is intended.

Yes over ten posts a day on one single subject by a single poster
Plus over two per day from the shadow.
Not a single post from either on any other topic.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Yes over ten posts a day on one single subject by a single poster
Plus over two per day from the shadow.
Not a single post from either on any other topic.
Yes, I'd noticed!

What's the dictionary definition of a troll?
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I'd noticed!

What's the dictionary definition of a troll?
What the EU sponsored variety?

Page 28 of 33 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top