Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 09:50 PM

Re: Mindbender's Poems

I can't find anywhere to stick this, mind you the wife had a strong suggestion but I declined it. I'm sure Mindbender won't mind me sticking it in here.

I thought I would write a little cuddly lullaby for my new grandson, to help him go to sleep, I got the words done, now all I have to do is get a little melody so that I can sing it to him.
It's about an out of work man who is just trying to stay alive but the mouse he eats has gone off and he gets frightening visions, he ends up dying of fright, a real sad story don't you think, I hope the lad likes it. I call it 'The Revenge of the Rodent'.

It can be helpful to the child, never eat anything dead with hair on it for example, don't take up ironmongery as a trade, hallucinations are not good for you so never take drugs, be kind to all Gods creatures, and never be afraid of a mouse.

Mister Cronkil knew not his fate
The day a dead mouse he ate,
A redundant Ironmonger
Trying to stave off his hunger.

He felt a bit sad and doubtful
As he swallowed the last mouthful
Then lay back in his chair
And picked out a fine mouse hair.

Soon his mind began to wander
He was above in the big blue yonder
His belly felt strange
Had he contacted the mange?

Peering down at the table
whenever he was able
To see was anything missed
A great big head suddenly hissed.

A mighty mouse of gigantic size
Greeted his astonished eyes
An enormous rodent head did greet,
Now Mister Cronkil, I thee will eat.

I think that's good enough to run along with 'Mary had a little Lamb' or 'Little Bo Peep', don't you?, do feel free to copy it and recite it to your own grandkids, at your own risk I hasten to add.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 10:53 PM

Strangely good!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 09:37 AM

My God Jem - you'll give the poor boy nightmares !
Very good though
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
My God Jem - you'll give the poor boy nightmares !
Very good though
Oh I have to be very careful what I say to this little fella Patsy, I'm being watched like a hawk.
I think all the old fairy tales were designed to toughen up the kids in the days of famine and plague, kids were lucky to make it into adulthood then, grandmother being eaten alive by a wolf in little red riding hood, princes turning into frogs and old ladies giving poison apples to little girls, rough stuff when you think of it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 10:20 AM

Tis true - but no need to continue the trend !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 05:30 PM

Def got some poemetic (new word) skills, or maybe song writing skills - or both, there Jem .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 07:40 PM

Slightly reminiscent of Edgar Allen Poe, darkly entertaining!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-01-2014, 07:42 PM

Yeah it is !

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top