Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 11:37 AM

More of my uncle Vivian's adventures.

NOT sure if this is the right place for this thread MOds, please advise.

Uncle Vivian thought he was well adjusted and independent of the great mass of people existing in his day. Inwardly he was a reserved & shy man.
That said, the world wouldn’t let him in peace & he generally had to interact with all the common and vulgar masses who hung on his every word. He tired of al the inane & predictable reporters when it slipped out that he had an IQ of 226. As is commonplace with papers such as the GRAUNIAD, the reported IQ should have read 126 & not 226, they got it wrong.

His happiest period was between the wars at which time he ran an exotic animal & bird import business & at the same time an IRISH pub in the evenings, sometimes aunt Phythian helped but was often too busy with their 17 children. Not to mention the good ladies long haired Peruvian guinea pigs and angora rabbits.
Then in a flash of good fortune their niece Ida Snyder arrived to help out, this was after her 16th birthday. She had helped with the animal import business by training Chimpanzees for Brooke Bond Tea. Her constant companion was a rescued Woolly monkey named Brian, and a hamster called Harry which she kept in her pantaloons. Uncle Vivian was a bit confused, telling Aunt Phythian “That’s never a hamster” after he witnessed Ida Snyder doing cartwheels in her sheer untrammeled exuberance.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 01:12 PM

Re: More of my uncle Vivian's adventures.

..... Its the way you tell 'em - Robert
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 03:19 PM

Uncle Vivian reminds me of me when I was a young man, reserved and shy but can let himself go in the evenings, I can hear the shouts ringing in my ears as he rolls up his trouser legs to give the lads a reel in the pub, "Go on Viv me boyo, give it a lash!"
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 09:47 AM

Hamster abuse at it's lowest

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 09:50 AM

Love it Robert - I've developed quite a soft spot for your eccentric Uncle Vivian and Aunt Phythian
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Hamster abuse at it's lowest

PSSST. It Wasnt really a hamster, but if it was it would have been Brazilian.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 02:14 PM

We never had a hamster when we were kids, Momma dont allow, so I know little of the nature of the creatures, personally I'm not sorry we never had one, dont like the looks of them, like Basil Fawlty assumed, they resemble rats a bit too much, without wanting to offend the hamster club or whatever it's called, I never quite saw the appeal of the hamster, a hamster to me is just a 'Lucky Rat', who is allowed into the human home, whilst his unfortunate cousin will be demonised and hounded for all eternity, talk about racism.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2013, 02:16 PM

Thats true - they are 'lucky rats' and they eat yer wiring too ...... They should be free .......
On second thought - they're not so lucky - cant bear to see them caged up - running endlessly on a wheel
They should be free ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2013, 02:23 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if someone joined here by the name of .......
'Uncle Vivian' ......
We have an Uncle Joe and an Uncle Mo ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-07-2013, 02:31 PM

Oh Christ! dont start all that again.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top