Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Re: favourite hobbies

I have lots of things to keep me busy:

Reading - anything but sci-fi and 'slush and mush'. Preference for factual, biographies (but not of the 'I knew him/her/the world' type) and historical novels.

Crosswords - very pleased with myself if I finish half of a cryptic one!

Knitting - I do garments to order via the local wool shop and am rarely 'knit-less'.

I used to be quite happy sitting in a bird hide with OH, a pair of binoculars and waiting for whatever to come my way. A bit curtailed now, due to lack of mobility.

My grand-daughters (10 and 12) who make me smile and wear me out !

Gwyn
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 08:42 PM

That's fascinating, Steve, have you found anything interesting? Where's the most activity you've found?
Steve63
Plymouth UK
Steve63 is male 

22-08-2013, 08:48 PM

Several places have produced some un-explainable things, we have had noises, smells, people getting pushed over, cold draughts, and even had things thrown at us. We go all over the west country and often on Dartmoor. There are several old places that are very very good. woodchester mansion in gloucestershire is my favourite..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 08:55 PM

Lucky you, I like that sort of thing, had many weird things happen in my life.
Steve63
Plymouth UK
Steve63 is male 

22-08-2013, 09:06 PM

It has always fascinated me Twizzy
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:32 PM

Well... I cook, clean, fix things, smoke and drink whisky. What more does a man need
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
how do you pass the time now that you're retired....)
Are you kidding? We 'retired' in our mid 50's and never a day goes past but we wonder how we ever found time for work! Most of our time has gone in renovating our house (c.1840) and garden. We grow as many of our own vegetables as possible and make our own jams and pickles. When possible we go hill walking and tour in our motorhome.

Latest venture is keeping Saddleback pigs in partnership with friends who have a smallholding nearby. They're (the pigs that is) fattening up nicely to provide us with free-range pork by Christmas.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
how do you pass the time now that you're retired....i love taking my grandchildren for walks....it gives their mum a couple of hours to herself...and i know it's appreciated....i love to hear their chatter...and i love to make up stories for them
Great Julie, do you know my daughter who is going 42, still remembers stories I used to tell them when walking the New Forrest.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 02:18 PM

when i was working i met a girl who worked in the same place...who i had known when we were children...must have been at least 25 years before....and she told me that she remembered stories that i used to make up then when we were playing with our friends......they must've been good ones...he he
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

23-08-2013, 06:30 PM

I'm sure I had more time when I worked! Is it an illusion?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top