Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Do you have ...

a favourite sport - I am talking about taking part - not watching from the safety of your sofa!

Mine are Fell Walking and Orienteering.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Re: Do you have ...

Unfortunately no Silver Tabby, I used to love swimming but don't do as much now, last time I went swimming was in the sea on my holidays this year, we used to have a nice swimming pool locally but they closed it down, cutbacks I think.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 02:23 PM

I've never been inclined towards sport but I do like going walking in the countryside, but you can't call that a sport.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 02:54 PM

I've always loved and played a variety of sports. Particular favourites were Rugby (Union), Rock Climbing, Mountain Walking, Surfing, Volleyball, Swimming, Sled Dog Racing and football. I still train my huskies but don't compete any more (this was me on my 60th birthday appropriately wearing bib no. 60)

Nowadays apart from training the dogs I don't do a lot other than walking, although I've been thinking of rejoining a rugby club with thoughts of playing in the "Oldies" team.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 03:54 PM

Those dogs are beautiful !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 04:53 PM

My sport is running. I have a number of regrets, one of which is not representing my country - Wales. I was extremely fit even at the age of 40 where I was running 31-32 mins for 10kms and won quite a number of races but I eased up owing to losing my training partner (marital problems). Amazingly enough my body is still remarkably strong with regards to running (56) and I could, maybe, get fit enough to represent my country even now (you can do so for various age groups).

I still train hard but getting back to a very light racing weight isn't so easy for me anymore. Still I think I can get back to being pretty fit. Watch this space .

An after thought just crept in. I tend to drink more now too...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 07:15 PM

I like surfing................on here!
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2013, 07:34 PM

never was a very sporty person....but i loved dancing....
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 03:04 AM

I detest all sports with a vengeance, either taking part or watching on TV. However, when I was in my 30s and living in Londonderry, I did enjoy playing badminton on our court in the barracks.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 07:16 AM

I fast walk up the mountains here and swim in the lake but have never been a team type person.
From my house to the pic de nore takes me 1hr 45 now, when I first arrived here it took me 2hr 30 . If I walk with hubby it takes us over 3hours as he is a slow walker and needs to stop for a rest all the time yet he swears he is fitter than me !!!
Its very high raising over 250m so its a steep walk great for making the heart beat...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top