Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 09:56 AM

Re: Do you have ...

Scuba diving...in tropical waters
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2013, 10:51 AM

Very sporty my whole life but main passions were swimming, trampolining and walking; a thigh injury 2 years ago put a stop to all 3 sadly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
An after thought just crept in. I tend to drink more now too...

Oh come on Mark, that's not a sport
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh come on Mark, that's not a sport
It might not be a sport but the more of my sport I do ( running ) the more I booze. What a quandary I find myself in .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2013, 11:48 PM

My lovely keep fit instructor (he's got a body to die for), says we should drink nothing but water, that is all our bodies need.
You might be asking for trouble boozing if you're already dehydrated, because I understood that alcohol dehydrates us further. Have you tried re-hydrating with water first, then going on a bender once you're o.k?
Just wondering if you're doing your kidneys any favours longterm ....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 09:55 PM

I honestly don't know why I run so much for anymore. I think it is cos I have run so fast in the past and I would like to relive it again. But why? Is it to show off? When you win a race you not exactly appeased. There is a strange emptiness where you feel cheated, as if you were expecting it to be a life changing moment or something. Nothing can take away the thrill of the first race you win and the rest just pales in to insignificance. I think I carry on cos I can. My body hasn't any weaknesses, no weak points at all, with my knees fine, my hips fine, and my muscles, heart and lungs also fine. Maybe I do it cos it seems such a waste. I am a bit or a rarity within my age bracket. Then again maybe it is cos I am reluctant to stop and grow old gracefully? There is a lot going on in my mind at the moment with regard to my sport.

As for drinking? Well I likes it and have always done it - go figure?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2013, 10:04 PM

I think you should take up writing! (Or philosophy) I enjoyed reading what you just wrote!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2013, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
When you win a race you not exactly appeased. There is a strange emptiness where you feel cheated, as if you were expecting it to be a life changing moment or something.
In other words, the anticipation does it every time

The thrill of the chase is it ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

28-09-2013, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
In other words, the anticipation does it every time

The thrill of the chase is it ?
Good point . As far as running was, or is, concerned yes I suppose it was. Nothing could take the place of my first win, in fact all others have been an anticlimax, just going over old ground. If, on the other hand, you are referring to maybe people and the opposite sex then no, far from it. Do you mean sex and move on? Never been like that to be honest. Sex is just a part of the picture but far from the whole . Nowadays I think more of the rest of the canvas than ever, so there .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2013, 10:53 PM

You can run for a lifetime, without leaving your armchair.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top