Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 09:59 PM

Visitors......For One Day Only!

Wouldn’t it be nice, for one day only, to let the ‘Visitors’ (Guests) who view this site anonymously to have a look round the site at anything they want to view?

At the moment, l see them as ‘people watchers’, even ‘curtain twitchers’!! I want to say, ‘Will the real guest, please stand up’!!

What are your views on ‘Guests’ to this site? There are lots of them, including spiders!!
Are they ex members, ‘would be members’ or just plain nosey!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:14 PM

Re: Visitors......For One Day Only!

The majority of the forum is open to the public,I can only think of the Profiles , Cheeky Chat and one other small section , not alot to see there ,

My view is they are just reading the forum like a News paper , I read other open forums occasionally not that im nosey mostly cause i'm bored and i just like to find something interesting to read .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:18 PM

What! Strangers wandering through! I'll have to cover up my straightjacket with a fury parka, scarf, sun glasses and a trilby.

Guests probably think we're mad as hatters here anyway from they can see .. and trawl on by.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:24 PM

I think a lot are bots & other non human devices sent by advertisers to see what we like.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:24 PM

I was on bu zz 50 but got fed up so tried here, you can read all the posts on there. They have 3 fairly strict Teachers on there who jump on anyone that steps slightly over the line.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
What! Strangers wandering through! I'll have to cover up my straightjacket with a fury parka, scarf, sun glasses and a trilby.

Guests probably think we're mad as hatters here anyway from they can see .. and trawl on by.

Eliza and Morti, Look at what many ‘visitors’ view. It’s usually all the old threads!!

They can’t see any of the members only, private and social stuff!!
You’d think that they would be intrigued and want to join to see that!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:39 PM

I noticed that today visitors were looking at an old thread and a members album , so i followed and had a look too ,is that me being nosey , i think i was in that instance cause i wanted to see what had appealed to them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 10:43 PM

Depends, if they come back for more, says more about them than Us, did I just Type that?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-11-2017, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I noticed that today visitors were looking at an old thread and a members album , so i followed and had a look too ,is that me being nosey , i think i was in that instance cause i wanted to see what had appealed to them.
Eliza, This is what l mean! By not being members, or not logging on, they are missing out on all the new or juicy bits!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

10-11-2017, 10:51 PM

Perhaps what they read puts them off joining ,

Did Spitty say something or was that a Bot ,? .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top