Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 01:23 PM

Re: Would you wear fur ?

Originally Posted by Franziska02 ->
Since I also go hunting, fur is no problem for me to wear. For me, fur is a nice, pleasant material, is natural, warm, elegant.

I do not understand all the protests against fur.

You probably wouldn't understands all the protests about hunting either then.
Very many people here are against both.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 04:08 PM

I was left a lot of fur coats by my Mother, really lovely ones & good quality.I love look of fur and the feel on a cold Winters day, nothing to beat it.
Sad to say, I would not wear them for fear of snide comments. The only thing is that we have a lot of Poles moved into the area, who are used to cold Winters, so don them quite happily.
So I may be in good company.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 04:25 PM

Since I also go hunting, fur is no problem for me to wear. For me, fur is a nice, pleasant material, is natural, warm, elegant.

Maybe because at one time, animals were bred purely for their fur and nothing else? People who hunt for sport are as bad as the mink farms of old.

Those peoples, where it is part of their culture to hunt to feed themselves and also use the rest of the animal for making clothing, tools etc instead of wasting it are poles apart from recreational hunters. The Laps are a prime example - they travel with the reindeer herds and only take enough of the animals they need to live.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Maybe because at one time, animals were bred purely for their fur and nothing else? People who hunt for sport are as bad as the mink farms of old.

Those peoples, where it is part of their culture to hunt to feed themselves and also use the rest of the animal for making clothing, tools etc instead of wasting it are poles apart from recreational hunters. The Laps are a prime example - they travel with the reindeer herds and only take enough of the animals they need to live.
What about the middle man Judd?

I personally don't shoot or fish, but I have many friends who do, but also only shoot or catch what they will eat or know of someone who will eat it - me for example

They have no need to shoot or fish to feed themselves, theres a Tesco in town after all, but they enjoy the sport of it

One of the most popular charity nights at my local is Game Night, the gun clubs supply the catch and tickets sell very fast
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 05:45 PM

You kill for pleasure Franziska?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Well said Judd. That is how I feel too, only you said it much better.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
What about the middle man Judd?

I personally don't shoot or fish, but I have many friends who do, but also only shoot or catch what they will eat or know of someone who will eat it - me for example

They have no need to shoot or fish to feed themselves, theres a Tesco in town after all, but they enjoy the sport of it

One of the most popular charity nights at my local is Game Night, the gun clubs supply the catch and tickets sell very fast

Nothing wrong with that, at least they aren't leaving a large part of the catch to rot somewhere or killing animals just for the sake of it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 01:09 PM

My Mother and Grandmother both owned and wore fur coats, I used to love stroking them when I was wee. Don't know what became of the coats. I only wear Faux Fur myself.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2018, 11:08 PM

No! I don’t like fur at all!
I have tried friend’s fur coats on in the past but fur doesn’t suit me.
It also, irritates and makes me sneeze!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top