Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 12:22 PM

Aussies cheating

This it must be said is the last thing we'ed expect from the baggy Green caps.

'Sack the lot of them': Furious cricket fans and former greats call for defiant captain Steve Smith to be FIRED over cheating scandal against South Africa
Batsman Cameron Bancroft was caught tampering with ball against South Africa
Using a foreign object or roughing up the ball to gain reverse swing is prohibited
In a press conference after play, Steve Smith admitted to planning the cheating
Fans are now calling for the disgraced captain to be sacked over the incident

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ets-fired.html
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 12:55 PM

Re: Aussies cheating

Im finding it difficult to believe this

And I'm not a cricket fan, but I'm shocked...

Batsman Cameron Bancroft was caught on camera pulling sticky tape from his pocket and rubbing it on the ball to illegally gain an advantage on Saturday.

In press conference after play, Smith admitted that he and senior players planned the ball-tampering at lunch on day three of the test match in Cape Town but said he won't be stepping down as captain.

How can he and the senior players he planned it with possibly be kept on??
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:14 PM

Got to remember we did similar a few years back.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Got to remember we did similar a few years back.
Did we? What, wilfully cheat?

And what happened?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:36 PM

There have been many allegations of ball tampering over the years aimed at various teams.
In the days when I used to watch cricket, I can remember an incident where an England bowler was accused of having dirt in his pocket supposedly 'to dry his sweaty hands'.

Of all the games cricket should be the one where there is no cheating as Newbolt put it...
''And it's not for the sake of a ribboned coat,
Or the selfish hope of a season's fame,
But his captain's hand on his shoulder smote
'Play up! play up! and play the game!''

There seems no point to me in winning if it is not done fairly, it takes all the satisfaction out of it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Did we? What, wilfully cheat?

And what happened?
Michael Atherton England captain was fined £2000in 1994.

Anderson and Broad in 2010, also plenty of the same by other teams, Cricket is far from squeaky clean.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:41 PM

I have always regarded cricket as probably the only sport in which the players are gentlemen, and coincidentally it is the only sport I watch. One thing I cannot abide is dishonesty, and hearing about this is disappointing. Australia has always been one of the most capable international teams and I can't imagine why any of them should want to do this sort of thing.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 01:44 PM

I always thought the point of playing sport games is to prove that your are the best.

Aren't they fooling themselves, as well as everybody else, if they have to cheat to win?
Can any of us have respect for our national team members who cheat?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 09:02 PM

While I do agree with you Twink, it has always gone on, in all different sports too.
Race horses get drugged, so do the greyhound racers, and I remember it being in the news a while back about some footballers taking bribes. And I seem to remember years ago about wrestlers faking fights too.

So I don't think it is just these grotty little cheats at the cricket by a long chalk.
I think wherever there is big money to be made, there will always be cheats too.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
While I do agree with you Twink, it has always gone on, in all different sports too.
Race horses get drugged, so do the greyhound racers, and I remember it being in the news a while back about some footballers taking bribes. And I seem to remember years ago about wrestlers faking fights too.

So I don't think it is just these grotty little cheats at the cricket by a long chalk.
I think wherever there is big money to be made, there will always be cheats too.
It happens a lot in sport Mups, usually because there is money involved. Even athletes have been taking performance enhancing drugs.
I just hope that they don't find it happening in rugby union.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top