Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:20 AM

Re: David Goodall: Scientist

It should be legal here, if there is such a thing as a comfortable death he had one.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:25 AM

Hi

A last meal of fish and chips and cheesecake.

Yummy.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:30 AM

I'll have a bag of liquorice allsorts and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc please
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
You don't think it's sad for his grandchildren and family that they are never going to see him again? I'd imagine they will be in such pain right now, grief is the hardest, saddest and most painful thing I've ever encountered in my life
He was a very old man who was well past his three score years and ten, what is there to be sad about?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
He was a very old man who was well past his three score years and ten, what is there to be sad about?

You obviously aren't understanding what I mean so we.ll leave it at that.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
You obviously aren't understanding what I mean so we.ll leave it at that.
Everyone has to die sometime, it is sad when some dies well before their time, but can't see any sadness about someone dying when they have reached a great old age like this guy.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 12:25 AM

I think there is always something sad about someone wanting to die, however old and ill they are. And hard for his children and grandchildren to know he chose to leave them. Was there really nothing that made him want to stay, even just one more day?

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

13-05-2018, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I think there is always something sad about someone wanting to die, however old and ill they are. And hard for his children and grandchildren to know he chose to leave them. Was there really nothing that made him want to stay, even just one more day?

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas
Have his children and grandchildren stated that they found his decision hard?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top