Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Solicitors and what they haven't done

When my parents passed away they set up a trust fund in such a way that my sister and I got the interest from shares and the capital goes to my sons when I or my sister pass away. if one of use goes first then the problems start.

But that is not what am posting about

The trustees to the trust fund are myself- my sister and a firm of solicitors. this was done to save any arguements between sis and I
Now we have decided we no longer want solicitors involved and taking steps to get them off the trustees part.

So far so good but now all the dividend share and company reports on the share are coming direct to us the solicitors not only never forwarded anything beforehand but now deny they even had them, ie reports and tax vouchers.

Not only that but the original solicitor named trustee died many years ago and several others have taken on the roll within the firm. They did not inform the companies we have share with, and appears to have "lost" all previous information they should have had to hand.

Of course it is impossible to sue a solicitor or a firm of solicitors for incompetence and neglect as they all close ranks.

Because of them we have lost thousands of pounds in their fees and broker costs as well as not being given any advise on how to invest, which was part of the original setup of the trust.
H ave to say in future anything legal I will do as much as I can first before even approaching these legal thieves

Of course one problem I have been fighting is my sister who is in denial of everything. I had a fantastic chance to sell one company shares and triple the money in the trust.

My sister would not agree and we lost out.

It is only in the last year or so she has opened her eyes and realised how much she has hindered the trust investments. So I have let her do all the work from now on and I am going to do the same, sit back and do nothing

No wonder i got Pi**ed" off over it all
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 05:02 PM

Re: Solicitors and what they haven't done

Bazza I learnt long ago 'what you have never had you never miss' when because of the sly behaviour of relatives I lost out on two small inheritance I should have had.

Solicitors, I don't trust as a breed , I applied to one to obtain letters of administration after my husband died without leaving a will and after 3 months of faffing and things put on hold I found I could do it myself. It took me a morning to complete the process by filling in a form, driving to Gloucester and swearing an oath. Needless to say I didn't pay a penny to the solicitor for his '3 months work' and I never received a reply to the shirty letter I sent to the senior partner of his practice.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 07:44 PM

The solicitor managing the probate for OH's late mum's estate was the laziest so and so. Had me running out like a headless chicken getting information for him because OH isn't able to do anything like that for himself. Then he took a nice juicy payment for himself after I had done all the hard work. Lazy good for nothing and incredibly annoying.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:38 AM

All bastards to a man. They (solicitors) tried to screw me over my late wife's probate and will. They quoted X amount to do the work and then doubled that when the work was completed the reason being that the original solicitor who was going to handle the proceedings was head-hunted by another firm because she knew what she was doing. My case was then handed to a piece of incompetent shite who charged me £240ph + VAT and if he needed advice from a senior partner I was ripped off at an even higher rate. In the end, I showed them the quote from the original lady who assured me there would be no problems and said that I was only prepared to pay what was quoted, which I did. They didn't try to chase me for the rest. __________________
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bazza I learnt long ago 'what you have never had you never miss' when because of the sly behaviour of relatives I lost out on two small inheritance I should have had.

Solicitors, I don't trust as a breed , I applied to one to obtain letters of administration after my husband died without leaving a will and after 3 months of faffing and things put on hold I found I could do it myself. It took me a morning to complete the process by filling in a form, driving to Gloucester and swearing an oath. Needless to say I didn't pay a penny to the solicitor for his '3 months work' and I never received a reply to the shirty letter I sent to the senior partner of his practice.
I did the same after my wife died without involving solicitors.

As you say its very easy to get letters of administration.

Did most of it over the internet and only went to one ten minute interview.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:48 AM

When the MIL died a couple of years ago she left her flat to the wife and her sister,that part was easy,she left shares or value of to be sold and the money to go to the grandchildren.This was the difficult part,the solicitors who had been appointed by the MIL before her death managed to mislay the share certificates,after some time and much correspondence which you get charged for, it was finally resolved,what was it Shakesapeare wrote
First lets kill all the lawyers,probably a misquote but you get the gist..

The youngest is buying her first house,the mortgage was agreed and released three weeks ago,who's holding it up,yes you've guest right poxy solicitors.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
First lets kill all the lawyers,probably a misquote but you get the gist..

Charming!! My son-in-law, my grandson and his fiance are all solicitors.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:36 AM

I think they only work for one hour a day and take an hours lunch break. I don't think any solicitor is concerned about their clients and their needs. As long as they can line their pockets with your money. Show me a poor solicitor and i will show you a lier
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 10:10 AM

My s-i-l is 60, he works six days a week, leaves home at 7 a.m. and returns at 7 p.m. He has done this for over thirty years as a solicitor. They live in a 70’s house, his wife (my daughter) works full time for a local bank branch on the tills, always has done even when their boys were toddlers. They both drive secondhand cars. Also, they have not had a holiday for five years. Her “treat” is coming to me for a weekend to do my garden and take me shopping.

Yeah! They really live it up....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 05:09 PM

They must be loaded then .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top