Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 10:55 AM

Re: Please RSPCA....Hurry Up!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The lovely RSPCA man has just been.
He said, he thinks the fox had been hit by a car as there was a lot of blood around its head.

He had to put it to sleep...

RIP Foxy..
That's sad Art, such a shame and particularly poignant for you at the moment. You did your best.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Thanks for letting us know Art. Usual reason for poor fox but at least he is now out of any pain.

Given your innitial reception also glad RSPCA acted promptly for the fox and yourself
Yes, that’s true, solo and l don’t have to dispose of the fox.

The RSPCA man clearly loved animals. He said some people just ring up because they want a fox taken out of their garden.
I said, l didn’t like them when they frighten or go after my chickens but l could never see a fox suffer.
He said, ‘All animals have a purpose’. The only animal he didn’t like, were rats!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's sad Art, such a shame and particularly poignant for you at the moment. You did your best.
Longy, That’s exactly what l thought when he said he’d have to put it to sleep. It seemed so soon after my little Marty being put to sleep.

I said, ‘Did you give it an injection?’ He said, ‘No, l shot it’.
I have to go out and hose the blood away but l am just psyching myself up for that!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Do yo not have a local wildlife rescue unit, we use one and the response is always fast.

The RSPCA in my opinion are very poor now.
Nom, Thanks for that but because, l have never had to call anyone before, l wasn’t aware of other agencies to ring.
I will see if there is a local wildlife rescue unit locally, in case l am ever in this situation again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Longy, That’s exactly what l thought when he said he’d have to put it to sleep. It seemed so soon after my little Marty being put to sleep.

I said, ‘Did you give it an injection?’ He said, ‘No, l shot it’.
I have to go out and hose the blood away but l am just psyching myself up for that!!
I had no idea they did that.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:42 AM

Poor fox. Well done Art, the fox is at peace now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Do yo not have a local wildlife rescue unit, we use one and the response is always fast.

The RSPCA in my opinion are very poor now.

You beat me to it, Nom.
Good thinking, we have 2 near to me.

Try not to feel too bad Art, even though it was PTS, that must have better than suffering and dying slowly.
You did the right thing.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 02:55 PM

Ah poor little Foxy, I do like Foxes, but unfortunately the RSPCA don't normally come out for a Fox.

I phoned up the RSPCA once for a Pigeon that was hurt and could not fly in my front garden and they wouldn't come down said they were just vermin, so I then phoned the PDSA and a nice young lad about 20 years of age came down with a big net and caught him within 2 mins and took him back to the Clinic.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 07:04 PM

Hope your feeling better now it's all over. Not a nice experience for you at all..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Hope your feeling better now it's all over. Not a nice experience for you at all..
Yes, l am fine now, Thank You.

My daughter came home from a weekend away and l told her about the fox. Next thing, she is crying for it!

She said, it must have been so frightened after being hit by a car and then lying under the bush in pain... then to be shot.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top