Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 11:04 PM

Re: Water for the hedgehogs

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I think they're lovely little critters ... isn't there a hedgehog sanctuary somewhere where you can rehome them in your own garden, albino hedgehogs or one-eyed, three-legged injured from road accidents who can no longer survive in the wild. You have to have a decent secure garden.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I saw one online years ago.
There is, and I'm not sure where. Try the British Hedgehog Preservation Society.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
There is, and I'm not sure where. Try the British Hedgehog Preservation Society.

Love this name - "Hedgehog Bottom Rescue"

These people are in Berkshire, but they have a link in their website where you can find your nearest rescue place.

http://www.hedgehog-rescue.org.uk/fostering.php
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 07:33 AM

We have a Bird Bath in the garden which is filled up every day because the Sparrows love bathing in it, and on the ground under the Privet Hedge I have a big Dish filled with water for Hedgehogs and any other Animals.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 08:45 AM

I have hedgehogs in my new garden!
I put a plant pot dish thingy with water in out for them. I have a photo taken in the dark that you can almost see one in, will post it later.
We have a charity shop called "Prickles" just down the road, when I sorted out stuff after the speedy move I gave them a car full of stuff.
They gave me a booklet on how to look after them etc.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top