Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:43 PM

Re: naming a breed?

What are you talking about, dumbug?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:44 PM

well we started off talkin about MY little Tilly [lamp] and what sort of make she was - I don't think she is up to climbing high ladders or going to Kansas just yet - but dragging you know how around can be easily stopped - as soon as you say "there are no more suburbs " he is lost - he panics - screams and runs for the safety of his suburb and long ladder - I once knew a lady who whenever I went walking with her - she would stop and swish her dress look at her legs and say " oh know I've got another ladder"? - I just did't know what she wanted me to do with it - remove it - use it or abuse it??

ah yes the leach - well he's very leachy with Mups or is that Mags - not sure - are they sisters? - yes so I think we can park him with one of them - they adore him after all!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 03:13 PM

Oi you, leave me out yer squabbles.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oi you, leave me out yer squabbles.
squabbles? squabbles? - IBYP - who's squabbling - this is just polite aussie conversing - I may think he looks like a pitbull; smells like a bag of prawns left out over night and couldn't recognize a lady if you left her in waiting BUT squabbling - nah jest a good old friendly ozzie yarn - Ma'am!! - but heh if he turns on ya lights go for it!!

now back to Tilly - I think we'll use all descriptive terms that you've offered as 'type of breed' and just give out different ones on Mon/tues/wed etc - however she is going for injections this week to protect her from australian swine fever ; snake bites and african bison warts and all - she is the smallest of course of all three dogs and a cat but she is already one of the gang an everywhere they go she goes - she often comes into my office looking for titbits - she's a hungry devil but heh we all luvs her to bits. we may ask the vet what breed he thinks she is??
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 12:08 AM

Hey Gummybud, have you any idea how old she might be?
I know its difficult if they are not obviously very young, or very old, but has she got all her adult teeth? Is she past puppyhood do you think?

Glad your others have accepted her, that makes life a bit easier.
I wonder if the vet could scan her and see if she has been spayed?

I hope her previous owners don't turn up after she has settled in with you and her new family so well. That could be awkward.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

12-06-2018, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hey Gummybud, have you any idea how old she might be?
I know its difficult if they are not obviously very young, or very old, but has she got all her adult teeth? Is she past puppyhood do you think?

Glad your others have accepted her, that makes life a bit easier.
I wonder if the vet could scan her and see if she has been spayed?

I hope her previous owners don't turn up after she has settled in with you and her new family so well. That could be awkward.
well at just a glance I'd say less than a year old - I don't know the difference between teeths?? or puppyhoods?? we have a very large dog - mixed breed who as a week old pup maybe even one day old was dumped on the FIL lawn one 4am morn and the neighbour heard bleating - the FIL who has a heart of gold took him in and that's why we called him 'lucky' and bottle fed him and then he started getting bigger and bigger and bigger - this latest one [no we don't collect dogs as a hobby - especially not in the ozzie post from the rest of the universe!] just amble up to lucky and said 'heh mate I wanna be ya mate' - and lucky just accepted her unconditionally - she can often be seen lying between his huge paws or lying along his fat tum but she plays with all three and a fourth when the FIL brings his dog around - thank god we've got 8 acres!!

well the vet is good so will scan everything - dogs come and go around these parts - all are supposed to be registered with the shire but 80 % aren't so the previous owners probably will just get another one or will already have the sis or bros ? - no one comes onto our block unannounced - well apart from the odd lost tourist who we smile at and then point the way out!!

honey did ya clean my double barrel this week??

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top