Join for free
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 02:26 PM

Re: A tragic accident. [Loughborough Junction deaths]

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

These three knew the risks
But did they?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
But did they?
These were grown men in their twenties not children! Surely they knew how dangerous it was to be on the railway by that age, in fact that was probably part of the thrill. Bit like climbing mountains, it's great fun until you fall off but you can't ever say you didn't know the risks...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
These were grown men in their twenties not children! Surely they knew how dangerous it was to be on the railway by that age, in fact that was probably part of the thrill. Bit like climbing mountains, it's great fun until you fall off but you can't ever say you didn't know the risks...
It was a passenger line running freight overnight. At the time of the incident passenger traffic was closed. With passenger stations closed might they have expect the line to be clear of trains?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
It was a passenger line running freight overnight. At the time of the incident passenger traffic was closed. With passenger stations closed might they have expect the line to be clear of trains?
Personally I would expect trains at any time of day, but if I did intend to trespass on the railway I'm damned sure that I would find out first anyway ...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 03:17 PM

Exactly, they deserve no sympathy whatsoever.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I used to know a station manager who described to me the remnants of what where once human bodies found after a train has run into them when they have jumped. He had to pick up a head once. You also have to think of the parents who maybe didn't even know what their children were up to. You can blame them or the kids that died but I blame society for not giving them a better moral structure.

I know someone who has had to deal with the aftermath of a person under a train and on more than one occasion I might add, one unders they call them.

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Sometimes I feel ashamed to be here.
Me too ruthio, me too!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

22-06-2018, 08:06 PM

Personally I would expect trains at any time of day, but if I did intend to trespass on the railway I'm damned sure that I would find out first anyway ...
I suspect you wouldn't do the first thus would have no need of the second.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 08:39 AM

Here is an article about the three boys who lost their lives on the railway. Even Banksy the famous graffiti artist has sent his condolences.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...re_article-top
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Here is an article about the three boys who lost their lives on the railway. Even Banksy the famous graffiti artist has sent his condolences.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...re_article-top
I would be surprised if he hadn't Art, after all Banksy must have taken similar risks but was lucky enough not to be harmed.
Many criminals get put in prison for their crimes, yet some do well from committing the same crime..... but it still doesn't make it right to commit crimes!
It is a shame these lads died, but they have nobody to blame but themselves!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I know someone who has had to deal with the aftermath of a person under a train and on more than one occasion I might add, one unders they call them.

Me too ruthio, me too!

Yes I did too Leia darlin' - was commuting to and from London. One evening, a lady (at least it was dressed as a female) decided to commit suicide by jumping out of a fast moving express train. She did so inside a tunnel. The speed of the train and the wind inside this tunnel meant that she didn't fall under the train, but was thrown against the tunnel wall and squashed like a fly. I and the guard on that train (a friend of mine) went to find her before reporting it to the 'heavy gang' We found what remained of her on a patch of wall about 7 feet up on the wall. When the 'heavy gang' arrived, they dug her off the wall and left a lighter patch on the brickwork where she had been. That patch is still there to this day some 40 off years later.

Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top