Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 10:39 PM

Re: Ticks......

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well done Fender. You get a gold star...... and a tick of course.
Why thanks mate......
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:43 PM

Tip for Ticks... not having used it, I can't recommend but it seems a viable option.

A nurse discovered a safe and easy way to remove ticks, making it less traumatic for the patient and easier for you.
Here's a way to eliminate them on you, your children and your pets.
Apply a small amount of liquid soap on a cotton ball
Cover the tick with the soap soaked cotton ball
Blot it for a few seconds ( 15-20 )
The tick will spontaneously detach and stick to the cotton as you remove it.
Notify everyone! This may help so many, especially with those hard to reach areas.
Tip: Keep liquid soap & cotton balls in your summer first aid kit.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A cigarette end lighted and put on the ticks back make it let go as well

Never try and pull directly it off as it will break and leave the ticks head embeded under the skin, which will cause problems.

don't know about any tick twister so can't comment
That is the method we always used when we lived in Scotland with our English Setters. Ticks were a regular occurrence so we checked daily and removed them using a cigarette. Never had a problem or infection in the 10+ years.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I use these, work brilliantly....

https://www.tesco.com/direct/otom-ti...?source=others
That's the thing Fender. Works a treat on my dogs, although there is a bit of a knack to it - once I start to twist it I keep going until the blighter is free. I never use anything hot or greasy as the little devils can regurgitate and cause an infection. If the thing doesn't all come out and the mouthparts remain it can do more harm than leaving it to fall off.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top