Join for free
Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 07:43 AM

Re: Having fun.

Worst thing ever are those "Scan your Own" checkouts, I get so annoyed when I dither, and delay myself.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 07:55 AM

And only yourself to blame Do you make snide remarks about yourself to people behind you?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 08:02 AM

Nah, never.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-02-2018, 08:05 AM

See, I can't multitask, can't be getting annoyed with meself , and someone else at the same time.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I told the nurse it hurts when I touch my leg, my head, arm and ribs.

She told me I'd broken my finger
I like it!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 08:49 AM

Lol, that's my sole contribution.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You weren’t there and l wasn’t there but there are always two sides to a story!
Indeed there are. Fogey said he was having fun with his slow packing speed. Maybe the sales assistant had been disciplined for their slow scanning speeds.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 05:52 PM

I worked in Asda one Xmas, I was totally knackered and probably grouchy the whole time. It was probably the worst job I ever did.
I've been a dispenser (500 items dispensed on a Thursday when the nursing homes sent their 'scripts in), barmaid, one time in one of the roughest pubs in Bristol, shop assistant in small craft shop, assistant in corner shop on my own most of the time, porcelain doll maker, cleaner in schools and old folks homes and volunteered in schools, run Life drawing sessions.
Worst of all was till assistant in Asda!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
I have just returned home from visiting Iceland, (the frozen food store, for our American cousins).

When I got to the checkout and started loading my groceries on the belt, the cashier whipped through them faster than I could load them, leaving them to pile up in the packing area.

So I had to sort through and pack this enormous pile of groceries in a space simply not big enough.

I decided to get my own back on this cheeky mare and started, slowly mind, to pack my shopping away. When the Mare huffed and puffed at being kept waiting, I packed even more slowly.

The Mare finally got the message when after making snide remarks to the next customer, I packed even more slowly.

When I finally got done she told me the price and I started patting all my pockets looking for my wallet. Her look of exasperation made me pat all the more.

So, after I eventually paid, I smiled sweetly at her and said, "Who was it said that pensioners never have fun".
That made me chuckle Fogey ....
Good for you.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I worked in Asda one Xmas, I was totally knackered and probably grouchy the whole time. It was probably the worst job I ever did.
I've been a dispenser (500 items dispensed on a Thursday when the nursing homes sent their 'scripts in), barmaid, one time in one of the roughest pubs in Bristol, shop assistant in small craft shop, assistant in corner shop on my own most of the time, porcelain doll maker, cleaner in schools and old folks homes and volunteered in schools, run Life drawing sessions.
Worst of all was till assistant in Asda!
My worst was picking up litter from car parks.

Page 27 of 28 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top