Join for free
Page 42 of 43 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 10:55 PM

Re: And Still They Try To Thwart Democracy!!

The 'establishment' have been effectively ruling the roost for a long time now, but they will go too far one day.

The majority of voters declared that they want out of the EU. If the establishment prevent this one way or another they are going to create a lot of unrest.

It is just possible that this unrest could escalate. It has happened before in this country when the King (Charles) was dictating to the ordinary people. Then along came the Commonwealth and Charlie lost his head.

I hope the present establishment don't think something like that could happen again. People can be pushed just so far.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The 'establishment' have been effectively ruling the roost for a long time now, but they will go too far one day.....
If the Good Fairy waved her magic wand tomorrow and replaced all pollies and their ilk with ......... US,

within a week, kindred spirits would have formed voting blocks (parties) and very soon WE would be "The Establishment".
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 08:01 PM

The 'establishment' have been effectively ruling the roost for a long time now, but they will go too far one day.

The majority of voters declared that they want out of the EU. If the establishment prevent this one way or another they are going to create a lot of unrest.

It is just possible that this unrest could escalate. It has happened before in this country when the King (Charles) was dictating to the ordinary people. Then along came the Commonwealth and Charlie lost his head.

I hope the present establishment don't think something like that could happen again. People can be pushed just so far.

Hmmmm - history does have an unhappy knack of repeating itself. Can I sharpen the halberds in the tower in readiness???
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 06:00 PM

TONY BLAIR, JOHN MAJOR, NICK CLEGG,
Three of the most duplicitious, unspeakable, treacherous, lying, scheming self-serving hypocritical has-beens this country has ever known, along with the collusion of former henchhmen, one Alistair Campbell and one Peter Mandelson, every last one of them bitter Remainers, hell-bent on forming a new political party to demand a 2nd Referendum on the EU.

Idiotic John Major (the man who gave us the ridiculous Traffic Cone hotline!!) had the audacity to actually state publicly that -

There was a perfectly credible case for holding a second referendum to reverse the will of the people who voted on 23rd June”. He went on to add “ I hear the argument that 48% of people who voted to stay should have no say in what happens. I find that difficult to accept.
The tyranny of the majority has never applied in a democracy and it should not apply in this democracy”
Unquote.

What a stupid hypocritical little B…..d!! So he is basically saying that when he himself was voted into office the votes that got him there shouldn’t have counted because those that voted for others should have been taken into consideration? Yeh right, I bet that soundbite wasn’t bandied around back then!! I can just imagine him admitting that the vote was not democratic?? What a plonker!. What he is doing is insulting over 17 million people who live in a democracy, what he is also saying is that the voting count will only be declared democratic - if the public vote again to stay in. Where do they dig these morons up from?

Then there is the much hated Tony Blair, the narcissistic, messianic, delusional fool, the cretin who is remembered forever for lying to the people, opening our borders to let everyone and his wife in and causing untold bloodshed in the Middle East.
The same man who sold his soul to the devil in order to fulfil his dream of becoming the first President of the EU. When that failed he made millions by brown-nosing every dictator he could get to listen to him.

Finally we have that quickly forgotten nobody, hypocrite Nick Clegg , the washed up has-been who is remembered only for his lies to students to get their votes and then stabbing them in the back by backtracking on his pledge that there would never be University fees whilst he was in charge. His reward? Without the votes of those he betrayed- deserved decimation his party down to just eight MP’s.

What a motley crew!. These then are the three Stooges leading the attack on the will of the people. I sincerely hope if they come knocking on any of these grossly insulted people’s doors to try to get their viewpoint across about holding another referendum on the EU, they give these …………’s what for and slam t doors in their vile faces.
I certainly will, Will you?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 06:08 PM

What's a nice girl like you doing on here?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2016, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
TONY BLAIR, JOHN MAJOR, NICK CLEGG
What excellent descriptors. I wish I'd written that!

It conjured up a mental image for me whilst I was reading it: any one (or all three) of them knock on my door, with TV cameras in attendance. I answer the door and without waiting to hear anything they have to say, I tell them to "Go f*** yourself" (hoping that the incident will be shown on the TV news)!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 10:33 AM

Where is the Tory plan for Brexit ?
Isn't it about time they told everyone ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Where is the Tory plan for Brexit ?
Isn't it about time they told everyone ?
Hi

They haven't got one, it is as simple as that.

May has been dropped right in the mire, Cameron should have working on a plan for years before we had the Referendum.

The three Brexiteers had no plan either and they are still arguing about what the plan should be, they all have different ideas.

They are now facing the reality of the situation.

Our biggest export to the EU is services, worth, in Tax, £64 Billion a year to us, these are not covered by WTO Rules, so we could lose this money, which would mean either massive cuts or massive tax increases.

Boris and Co need to get their act together and come up with a viable plan and get us out as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 04:56 PM

The establishment.
The elite?

Napoleon and Snowball.
Johnson and Farage.

out of the same pigsty.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2016, 04:59 PM

I completely agree.

If he's a mate of Donald Trump, that's surely to our advantage.

As far as The Establishment is concerned, they can go and **** themselves.
Perhaps you could let us know who is NOT the establishment?

I have to laugh again...this was a term coined in the US amongst students during the 60's and 70's. Many of the students became the establishment themselves.

It is merely a term for those who have the power you want.

Page 42 of 43 « First < 32 40 41 42 43 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top