Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 03:17 PM

Re: Man bitten by snake

Originally Posted by basser ->
Very Funny...

Not to worry Basser, the rest of thought it was funny too, though I will still have to give Judd a slap.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 06:18 PM

That's nothing! Did you know a Cockroach can live for a week without it's head?

https://www.pestworld.org/news-hub/p...ckroach-facts/

Apparently it eventually dies from thirst.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 09:10 PM

I heard about this ,its rather worrying isnt it,If I ever see a snake I must remember to keep clear of its mouth
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not to worry Basser, the rest of thought it was funny too, though I will still have to give Judd a slap.
Some people are just devoid of a sense of humour......
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 09:35 PM

Judd yer little bugger lol. But wow, who'd have thought once it was off with his head it would come back and attempt to kill its killer!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Judd yer little bugger lol. But wow, who'd have thought once it was off with his head it would come back and attempt to kill its killer!

Scary stuff ey LQ.
From what I gather, the chap picked the head up after he had severed it, and it bit him.

Bit macabre isn't it.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Scary stuff ey LQ.
From what I gather, the chap picked the head up after he had severed it, and it bit him.

Bit macabre isn't it.

Scarey indeed. Heck glad we don't get them buggers round here! Xx
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 03:37 AM

That's interesting - apparently most snake bite victims are bitten trying to kill the snake, snakes are best left alone.

As I understand it, on average, there are two people who die from snake bite in Australia each year but the problem is not so much the bite (because there is anti-venom) but the time taken to get to hospital for treatment, when you are more than half an hour from hospital you are in trouble.

I carry an elastic bandage in my car just in case.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's interesting - apparently most snake bite victims are bitten trying to kill the snake, snakes are best left alone.

As I understand it, on average, there are two people who die from snake bite in Australia each year but the problem is not so much the bite (because there is anti-venom) but the time taken to get to hospital for treatment, when you are more than half an hour from hospital you are in trouble.

I carry an elastic bandage in my car just in case.
Where's Doctor Geoff Standish when you need him?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
That's nothing! Did you know a Cockroach can live for a week without it's head?

https://www.pestworld.org/news-hub/p...ckroach-facts/

Apparently it eventually dies from thirst.
How bizarre is that? I'm sure it is true that they will eventually take over the World.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top