Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:41 AM

Re: Spotted Dick & Bread and Butter Pudding& Jam Roly Poly

I love all of those but Bread and Butter pudding doesnt really like me...I can remember the Jam roly poly we had at school it was soo delicious I always wanted more!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 11:43 AM

Alan ask Sheila to post her recipe for Bread and Butter pudding i would love to try it☺
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 12:27 PM

I love them and I do still make them myself.

I make a lot of things myself so I can play with the sugar content and that helps but a lighter main course if one of these puddings is on the menu helps as well.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 12:38 PM

Oh that is taking me back to childhood, used to love my mums bread and butter pudding.

Don't make puddings at all now as hubby is diabetic so we tend to leave puds alone and not going to make them just for me.

I have tried the puds when we go out for something to eat but they just don't taste the same.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Alan ask Sheila to post her recipe for Bread and Butter pudding i would love to try it☺
Hi doc H, I asked Sheila and she says she doesn't work to a recipe, she just uses her judgement. A layer of brown bread (crusts cut off) buttered and spread with marmalade, a sprinkle of sugar and a small handful of dried fruit, repeat as often as necessary. pour on homemade custard and finish with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 02:18 PM

Thanks Alan ☺
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 03:42 PM

I hate Bread and Butter Pudding but would eat Bread Pudding (bread soaked in water not milk) any day....

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hate Bread and Butter Pudding but would eat Bread Pudding (bread soaked in water not milk) any day....

Oh no Mags darlin' not water!!! - use 1/2 pt orange juice, 6oz dried mixed fruit and add Cinnamon, mixed spice and Allspice - tastes much, much better that way.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 03:56 PM

I usually make Bread and Butter Pudding for my Husband, as I cannot eat it, but the Swiss Jam Rolly Polly you can buy in Asda for 99p.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh no Mags darlin' not water!!! - use 1/2 pt orange juice, 6oz dried mixed fruit and add Cinnamon, mixed spice and Allspice - tastes much, much better that way.
Each to their own UJ

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top