Join for free
Page 667 of 1676 « First < 167 567 617 657 665 666 667 668 669 677 717 767 1167 1667 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 07:50 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
[blah,blah,yakkity yak,etc] miss M as in bond with a gold finger

Ah,yes.
'M'...a superb bastion of principle and avoidance of frivolity.
I recall being in the HQ of MI6.5 one afternoon when she asked 'Q' to demonstrate a cunning device that he'd just invented for spies in difficult circs. "Right,pay attention,22/7", he said..."Y'see this pen? Hmm? JUST a pen,you'd think,eh? And rightly so,for that's what it is"...

..."But turn it upside-down and you can see her tits!"

I remember thinking at the time "Cor,the evil gumbud would faint if he were to be subjected to such excitement! After all,he nearly destroyed the world in his excitement at getting an 'Etch-a-Sketch' for Christmas!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 09:38 PM

I remember them pens Pug, a young lad brought one home from Blackpool when we were kids, they were banned here same as the packs of nude women cards, when the ink filled it you could see a fully clothed woman and when you turned it upside down the ink flowed into another chamber and there she was in all her glory.

I actually met Desmond Llewelyn, the fella who played the part of “Q” in most of the bond films, it was back in the seventies in the “Oval Bar” in Henry Street.
He told me he had a golf ball that was practically unlosable, if you hit it into a tree two little wings sprang out the sides and it flew back to you. if it landed in water fins came out and it swam to the bank, and if you got stuck deep down in the sand a little screw propeller turned and brought it to the surface. I was fascinated and wanted one, when I asked him where he got it he smiled and said “I found it”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ah,yes.
'M'...a superb bastion of principle and avoidance of frivolity.
I recall being in the HQ of MI6.5 one afternoon when she asked 'Q' to demonstrate a cunning device that he'd just invented for spies in difficult circs. "Right,pay attention,22/7", he said..."Y'see this pen? Hmm? JUST a pen,you'd think,eh? And rightly so,for that's what it is"...

..."But turn it upside-down and you can see her tits!"

I remember thinking at the time "Cor,the evil gumbud would faint if he were to be subjected to such excitement! After all,he nearly destroyed the world in his excitement at getting an 'Etch-a-Sketch' for Christmas!
ah I see that fitzgarabaldi is back from the amazon jungles with a new strain of amazon pneumococcal anaconda fever regaling once more with his flights of fancy and make believe - 'when I was a spy for at least 24 hrs' and how I wrote my first spy book with mater and pater " I spy with my little eye something beginning with P - I wanna be a Pug

' so be it laddie from henceforth you will be known as Pug - we just have to find a means of flattenin the nose - splat there that will do it - sorry about the blood of the kitchen table dear!'

from henceforth Pug has lived on an island - today he may be Long John Silver - tomorrow a Pirate of the Careebe -en etc etc - next day Bond 007 - followed by Kojak wiv his lollipop - can't keep 'im away from them for long wot!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:56 AM

Just a couple of minor things,gumbud...
1/I grew up in a succession of kids homes,not with a 'mater & pater'.
2/I've actually written MORE than one book but ALL proceeds go to a cancer research charity,as it killed my mum.
3/I have never been,nor claimed to be,a 'spy',however I've been to MI5's HQ on the South Bank several times.
4/It escapes my tiny,unformed mind just WHY you feel the overwhelming urge to belittle any/every post I make.
5/I was asked to resume posting on here. If YOU would rather I didn't,have the decency & grace to say so and I will cease.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 09:39 AM

OMG Not again!!!!
Pugsy Bear you come with me.
The Candy Bar has a nice place for you.X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:09 AM

2/I've actually written MORE than one book but ALL proceeds go to a cancer research charity,as it killed my mum.
3/I have never been,nor claimed to be,a 'spy',however I've been to MI5's HQ on the South Bank several times.
4/It escapes my tiny,unformed mind just WHY you feel the overwhelming urge to belittle any/every post I make.
5/I was asked to resume posting on here. If YOU would rather I didn't,have the decency & grace to say so and I will cease.
stop getting ya knickers in a twist ya old queen ! - I have no authority to request people to cease posting or start posting I imagine that fits into the regime of old Jem and beyond him the site police and el supremo - take ya pick buddy!!

oh by the bye can ya spare a dime ? my mater and pater have disconnected me from the family inheritance just because of my disgusting habit of cooking and eating black puddings everyday !
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:20 AM

Things keep breaking.

Morning has broken. Will it be mended for an on time arrival tomorrow? Does it need mending or does it always arrive in an imperfect state? Indeed, is a broken morning imperfect, or is it its natural state, thus making the term "broken" superfluous?

I have broken my fast. Fortunately that can easily be rectified with a dish of tea and bowl of cereal, assuming that tomorrow's morning arrives either already broken, or breaks upon or after arrival.

With regards to my bowl of cereal, do I need a runcible spoon with which to eat it, or will an epns jobby do instead? What does runcible mean? Can it be applied to any other object, or can it only exist in a spoon state?

My garage clock has broken, so I am part way through constructing another of the widdershins variety using bobs and bits of things salvaged and purchased new from the interwebular shop in the ether.

In addition, one of my pond pumps has broken. I shall now do some re-plumbing, even though no plumbum will be used in the process, and replace said broken pump with a shiny new one of a larger capacity, that will not stay shiny for long once it starts to circulate and re-circulate the green slime that has assimilated on the bottom of the pond due to lack of pumpage.

This retirement malarkey involves a lot more effort than I was led to believe. They certainly did not tell me anything about this at the interview.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

15-05-2018, 11:20 AM

might i remind you of this ;

now look here pugsie wugsie wugsie i can handle all of this it seems you can't - try a holiday on a quiet island by the sea!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:11 PM

My heart is broken Fruity, sometimes I really despair and feel like moving to a remote shack somewhere up the Kerry mountains away from it all.
Yes everything seems to be breaking these days.
The wife is usually up well before me so when I came down this morning I was immediately confronted with her bad news, why do they love to get at you when you are still groggy and only half awake? “Jimmy, the head came off the yard brush again, and a large screw fell out of the hinge on the front gate, it’s now dropping and hard to open, and while your at it the water won’t drain out of the washing machine.” Where would they be without us, and yet retired folks are supposed to be surplus to requirement.
Thinking about getting up, my granny was a country girl (Mullingar) and came to the ‘Big City’ in the early 1900’s, city folks were supposed to be ‘Well up’ and have a handle on most things, and country folks were taken to be ignorant of city life. Morning times when the brother and me were kids getting ready for school we would ask her was she long up, she always answered “I’m not long up, but I’m well up”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Yes, this very day I broke my Wind.

Page 667 of 1676 « First < 167 567 617 657 665 666 667 668 669 677 717 767 1167 1667 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top