Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Vega
Europe
Vega is female  Vega has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 05:33 PM

Re: Do you use your local Library?

Not anymore.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by . Morticia
I'm a helpful soul ... so when the librarian ,Ian, very nice chap .. told me there was a beam across the entrance counting how many visitors there was for a survey gauging the libraries popularity I spent half an hour going in . and out .. and in ..and out ... bit like when I flounce from here come to think of it.
Love this!

Just picked up the latest Sue Steiner novel, smashing, can't wait to get stuck in!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:05 PM

I've joined the campaign to help save our little library. The council, in their infinite wisdom, wanted to close several branches, and relocate to new premises, and sell the old land for housing. No chance, say us residents!!

But now we have a new chappie involved in Arts and Leisure and he has sort of hinted that we may have a stay of execution. A muted celebration, because it hasn't yet been decided. We might know more in October. I visit that branch 1-2 times a week.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:12 PM

Jazzi one of the little libraries not far from me was due for the chop and it's now run by volunteers. I do hope you're successful.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Jazzi one of the little libraries not far from me was due for the chop and it's now run by volunteers. I do hope you're successful.
That's what we don't want!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top