Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 09:15 AM

Re: Done some damage.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have a similar problem. the disc in my back damaged the nerves down my left leg so I have little or no feeling in parts of my left foot.

The problem is that I still insist on wearing thongs (flip-flops to you) or bare feet in the shed or garden. The first I am aware of a problem is a trail of blood through the house or on the back patio.

What can you do?

Another silly sod!!! - Rule of thumb, NEVER go out into your shed or elsewher unless your feet are covered properly in shoes or slippers!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 10:28 AM

Thanks everyone i knw i should wear footwear at all times, but it stems from working on sites and having to wear heavy protective boots all day, i was glad to be able to ditch them once home, a habit im afraid.

Finding footwear is now a problem, as my feet are swollen, hopefully the physio will help reduce the swelling.

Mind you looking down at them this morning they are a bit raw and yes UJ silly sod does pretty sum me up.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Another silly sod!!! - Rule of thumb, NEVER go out into your shed or elsewher unless your feet are covered properly in shoes or slippers!!!
Joe, me old pal, me old beauty.

You just leave my Chinese safety footwear out of this.

I spent nearly my whole working life wearing steel capped safety boots and woollen fire/heat resistant socks I can live with a little blood.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top