Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 03:13 PM

Re: Another school shooting, in Texas this time.

This problem existed long before the current President.

When a child shot up a school of children, and little was done about it afterwards, it was obvious that the problem would continue.

Frustrated, I can only affect what can be done locally. I was asked to join a committee in which we worked with the schools, local law enforcement, and hospitals to refine strategies to better protect the schools, free up the hands of law enforcement, and develop ordinances that will facilitate more help for people who are neurologically ill while removibng weapons from their hands before a situation like this ever happens. It will all work until some gun "enthusiast" attorney decides to challenge the new laws .

You all have no idea how truly deep the gun culture runs is in this country.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camo.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	5951

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 03:23 PM

This guy has the answer...it seems..

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
This guy has the answer...it seems..

What an idiot!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
...... And still that idiot in the white house sucks up to those barstewards in the NRA.
Like all of the other idiots before him .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:31 PM

It's nothing to do with the availability of guns and everything to do with US society falling apart. The US having legal weapons is nothing new.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's nothing to do with the availability of guns and everything to do with US society falling apart. The US having legal weapons is nothing new.
Wow! That is so profund Annie, I think you might just have the answer right there. The fact that all the killings have nothing to do with guns is......mind blowing. I mean these poor students are just falling down dead because of society something should be done to stop society right now....wait! ..I have an idea..what if we shoot society?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It does have a certain logic to it .. it's not the gun that kills ..it's the one who pulls the trigger.
Upbringing? A certain mentality?
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It does have a certain logic to it .. it's not the gun that kills ..it's the one who pulls the trigger.
Upbringing? A certain mentality?
Far too profound for the likes of Rehab............

Read this article More people have been killed at schools this year than have been killed while serving in the military.
Then read the military denying or excusing the claim.....craziness.

The right to bear arms, granted by the Constitutions 2nd amendment It is far too ingrained in the American psyche,too much money in guns and rich powerful gun lobby.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2018, 10:49 PM

I'm totally anti gun ownership, although that POV is futile in the US. But what we see is a different kind of madness. It's a disintegration of society. A lot of kids, not just in the US but here too, have no purpose in life and see no future.

They say the perpetrator is "a quiet, sweet boy" who is confused and only shot those he didn't like. Whatever produces someone like that is a forked up society IMO.

When I went to Texas in the 80s for the wedding of a frat boy from Texas uni, we did a tour of the campus and his digs before the big day and they pointed out the tower where decades earlier there was a massacre from the tower. Apparently the killer had a brain tumour. The Texan culture and gun slinging go together.

I've always thought the US has a strange culture altogether. In a large geographical region, on the outside everyone is polite and tries to be really nice to everyone else. Inside all the grudges fester. It's surely not healthy. This combined with an obsession with money, status being dependent on wealth and a school system obsessed with popularity of some. Perhaps it's just me who thinks this is something to do with random kids wanting to go on killing sprees.

There are a lot of privately owned guns in Switzerland because of the Swiss Army, do they also have killing sprees? I have a friend who lived & worked there and he said they are more likely to use them to commit suicide.

The World is mad IMO these days, perhaps it always was.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

20-05-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Far too profound for the likes of Rehab............

Read this article More people have been killed at schools this year than have been killed while serving in the military.
Then read the military denying or excusing the claim.....craziness.

The right to bear arms, granted by the Constitutions 2nd amendment It is far too ingrained in the American psyche,too much money in guns and rich powerful gun lobby.
Referring to the quote you included, that guns don’t kill people etc... that is the NRA mantra
The NRA says, 'Guns don't kill people - people kill people.' That may be true, but I think the gun helps. You're not going to kill many people by standing around shouting 'bang!'.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top