Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 10:58 AM

How tight are you with money?

Personally, I resent paying for taxis but they're presently the only way I can get to places and back home.

I did treat myself to some new clothes this week, though and didn't think twice about the cost. Same with grocery shopping; I actually pay more online than I would if I was in the store. I don't seem to mind this.

Paying the television tax was a bitter pill to swallow, though, as I hate the BBC.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:08 AM

Re: How tight are you with money?

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Personally, I resent paying for taxis but they're presently the only way I can get to places and back home.

I did treat myself to some new clothes this week, though and didn't think twice about the cost. Same with grocery shopping; I actually pay more online than I would if I was in the store. I don't seem to mind this.

Paying the television tax was a bitter pill to swallow, though, as I hate the BBC.
Same here. Have just paid mine, legalised extortion is what it is to pay for the BBC's excesses.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:10 AM

I’m not really tight with money.
Grew up with insanely frugal parents and decided I would never be like them and I’m not.
That’s not to say I’m loaded either though

I think I’m a sensible but generous person when it comes to money.
The opposite of frugal.

We don’t pay television tax here.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Same here. Have just paid mine, legalised extortion is what it is to pay for the BBC's excesses.
I hate paying it too but it goes monthly direct debit from my account so it doesn't seem like such a blow.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:15 AM

My husband and I prefer to spend money on others than over indulge ourselves. We are more than happy to pay the TV licence, even if it was twice the price, if it keeps ads off the BBC's programmes
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband and I prefer to spend money on others than over indulge ourselves. We are more than happy to pay the TV licence, even if it was twice the price, if it keeps ads off the BBC's programmes
The BBC have their own lengthy self-serving ads between programmes.

There should be a version of Freeview minus all the BBC rubbish for which a licence isn't required.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:26 AM

Money holds liitle interest to me,its a burden one bears to be able to live,we're comfortable, neither rich nor poor,as long as I have enough for a pint if its takes my fancy and there's grub in the cupboard alls well.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-06-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I hate paying it too but it goes monthly direct debit from my account so it doesn't seem like such a blow.
I just paid mine in one go so as to avoid being bothered by them for another year. It's not like you get a discount by paying monthly.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:52 AM

We are fortunate that we no longer have to pay for a TV licence.

We are not 'tight' with money but we are careful how we spend it, never buy anything for the sake of it.

Mr Mags was unable to drive last year so it was a case of booking a taxi to and from the hospital throughout the year ... £17 there and £17 return for 8 appointments works out at well over £200. It was necessary so we didn't begrudge it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top