Join for free
Page 12 of 24 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:31 AM

Re: Should smoking be banned outside?

I'll leave you two too it ... nice to see you agreeing for once busily planing your wood for the gallows and knotting your hemp rope into a hangman's noose.
Geez .. you sound as bad as those archaic barbarians who throw gays off rooftops.
Remember to build your gallows at a traffic lights or airport runway for the ultimate deleterious health experience.

Last comment ... if you drive a car or fly in planes you too are adding to air pollution. Hypocritical. Tidy up your own act before you preach.

Effects of Air Pollution.
https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/air-pollution/effects
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Some of the most vitriolic anti smokers locally drive the kids to school less than a mile and leave their huge 4x4s running whilst they have a chat with their friends.

That causes far more pollution that a fag outside.
Thank you Swims. It does often seem certain people from one group guilty of the planets pollution misdirect their ire onto another group simply to maintain their haloes in pristine condition... whereas in reality they'r hanging skew whiff around their necks.
(I suspect they know this but a bit of good old rousing indignation helps oil old bones and brain cells).
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Some of the most vitriolic anti smokers locally drive the kids to school less than a mile and leave their huge 4x4s running whilst they have a chat with their friends.

That causes far more pollution that a fag outside.
Very true !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:55 AM

I have never seen this at all .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have never seen this at all .
Nor me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:59 AM

Let's take this comment .
First you have to know a vitriolic anti smoker who drives a 4x4 and who regulary leaves it running on the school run as she chats to her friends .
Unless one is hiding in the bushes stalking vitriolic anti smokers with 4x4 s on the school run complete with a stop watch this doesn't wash .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 12:27 PM

Morticia - Just to let you know that I'm sure nobody who has posted in this thread has done so as a personal attack on you. It's basically to air our widespread feelings against smoking in public, nothing more.
I like a pint, I drive a car and I fly on planes but I don't throw a wobbler when asked why I partake in those activities.
But at the end of the day you can try to defend smoking as much as you wish...the clear and overwhelming fact of the topic is that smoking is bad for the smoker's health and everyone who is around to breathe it in. That cannot be argued against can it?
Regards, and by the way Morti - we still think you're lovely regardless of your habit
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Let's take this comment .
First you have to know a vitriolic anti smoker who drives a 4x4 and who regulary leaves it running on the school run as she chats to her friends .
Unless one is hiding in the bushes stalking vitriolic anti smokers with 4x4 s on the school run complete with a stop watch this doesn't wash .
Hi

Come and see for yourself.

I regularly took littlies to school, so say them doing this frequently, no need to hide in bushes.

They are easy to spot, they are of a certain type, self righteous loud overweight horsey types.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Does a motorist stopping driving a car if they are conscious and aware that they are adding to pollution? When they drive past a school or a young mother pushing her pram do they feel guilty?

Same logic.
I asked him .. he said he did not mind, for the reason I have stated. If we have visitors I ask if they mind if I smoke and act accordingly, even though it is my home. But as they are my guest I ask them.
If we all stringently curbed our behaviour because of others health we'd all find out freedom of choice and movement curtailed.

Smoker's have already been curtailed with the ban in public places. Most smokers understand the health risks and agree with it because of the affect on others who choose not to smoke so should not suffer .... granted some don't but I suspect their truculence is a direct reaction to been vilified as public enemy number one.

Ok,Morticia, i get where you are coming from,thank you for explaining.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 01:21 PM

How many of you smokers own or drive a car there you go a double whammy

Page 12 of 24 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top