Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 10:41 PM

Re: Laid back or quick tempered

People often do or say things that annoy me - but instead of saying something to them I keep quiet.

This works ok with trivial annoyances but anything massive I've been known to loose my rag completely.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:12 PM

Don't give a shit. If it's others who create the situation then my motto is , 'what goes around ,comes around' and I don't do stress anymore either.
It's very easy to make a pact with ones self.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:21 PM

Hi LQ I rarely lose my temper, explaining things calmly using reason and logic usually works well.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:23 PM

I do lose my rag but not more than two or three times a day
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I do lose my rag but not more than two or three times a day
And that's just on this forum eh
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 02:23 AM

I don't particularly get angry but I get grumpy easily. I like my own space and if I'm interrupted or get asked to do something when I'm in the middle of something else I get annoyed. But it soon passes.
I'm laid back and relaxed in surroundings I'm happy in, such as when I'm out for a pint or at the gym where I can please myself.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 04:29 AM

Hi

I am as laid back as they come.

I ignore so many things which would cause trouble, personal insults in particular.

I have my Red Lines and then I react.

I will not have abuse of women, children or the disabled.

I loathe bullies.

I am with Fender on this one when it came to that video of the man in the Doctors reception.

Absolutely out of order.

My response would have been very simple.

OK Hardman, now make me cry.

I would have been in his face straight away.

We have an absolutely lovely receptionist locally, beaming smile, great with oldies and littlies.

She has an accent, so what?

She will move Heaven and Earth to help, nothing is too much trouble.

One of the Prats at the back, English, unemployed, tattooed, had a right go at her.

Before 9 in the morning and swigging from a can.

I am not speaking to you, get me somebody English.

I was there at the time, he got me.

I'm English,

If you need urgent medical attention, I can arrange it.

Now sit down and shut up .

Wrong I know, but that is just me.

I do not take kindly to pillocks.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 07:19 AM

I can take quite a lot of flack but when I blow I loose it completely . I worked in a tiny office with a girl who took advantage of my soft nature for 7 years , I surpresssed my frustration for all that time until one day I couldn't take anymore of her attitude , I blew up and went for her verbally , shaking with anger and demanded an apology , she did apologise reluctantly, I left a month later . Again with my inconsiderate neighbour who has his rowdy parties I lost it that night when I screamed out the bedroom window at 2pm which he ignored and partied till after 3am . So far things are quiet but I don't think for long but I'm taking quiet steps to get it sorted if and when he starts again
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I can take quite a lot of flack but when I blow I loose it completely . I worked in a tiny office with a girl who took advantage of my soft nature for 7 years , I surpresssed my frustration for all that time until one day I couldn't take anymore of her attitude , I blew up and went for her verbally , shaking with anger and demanded an apology , she did apologise reluctantly, I left a month later . Again with my inconsiderate neighbour who has his rowdy parties I lost it that night when I screamed out the bedroom window at 2pm which he ignored and partied till after 3am . So far things are quiet but I don't think for long but I'm taking quiet steps to get it sorted if and when he starts again
Sounds like me Susan. I can take it for years and years until one day the straw appears on the camel's back, then I unleash years of crap.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 12:57 PM

I wouldn't say I am laid back, because I have strong opinions, but I do think that negotiation and compromise are the easiest way to find a satisfactory way to deal with a problem.

I view violence as totally objectionable, and shouting & screaming as a bit like the Jeremy Kyle shows.... so not intelligent!

I think that losing your temper means that you haven't had time to give the situation reasonable consideration....and that is why it is always best to spend a short time alone so you can view things from both sides.

The only time I raise my voice, is to shout at the cats when they come home with a live creature and release it in the house. Once I have caught it and put it out I allow them out of the naughty room and we are friends again.
Occasionally they re-catch it and take it out themselves!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top