Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:43 AM

Will you give or receive one today?

A hug that is..
I will, like most days

I'm going out with friends this afternoon
We'll hug on meeting and departing..
I'll see my daughter this evening and we'll hug before she disappears with her boyfriend!
My son will be back later tonight he always gives me a hug..

Are you much of a hugger*?

*trees not included
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:47 AM

Re: Will you give or receive one today?

Yes & Yes...Daughter and G/daughter have left here to go back Home to Kent this morning,so hugs all round
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:49 AM

Yes lots of hugs, part of my every day living.
Never tried hugging a tree though.
Hugs sent Rhian.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Yes lots of hugs, part of my every day living.
Never tried hugging a tree though.
Hugs sent Rhian.
Aww Sweetie thsnk you
(((Hugs))) back at yer
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:56 AM

That's nice Rhian, I am glad you can show affection for friends and family like that.
Some people won't - or can't - bring themselves to accept/give any physical contact, and I think that is sad. I guess they must have their reasons.

I am the same as you, and happily give friends a hug when we meet, and I receive the same in return.

I do not hug out of 'duty' either, it is because I know we care about each other and a hug is both affectionate, and comforting too, sometimes.

I can't understand people who dislike an innocent, affection gesture.
To me, it's nice to know someone cares enough to bother.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

16-06-2018, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's nice Rhian, I am glad you can show affection for friends and family like that.
Some people won't - or can't - bring themselves to accept/give any physical contact, and I think that is sad. I guess they must have their reasons.

I am the same as you, and happily give friends a hug when we meet, and I receive the same in return.

I do not hug out of 'duty' either, it is because I know we care about each other and a hug is both affectionate, and comforting too, sometimes.

I can't understand people who dislike an innocent, affection gesture.
To me, it's nice to know someone cares enough to bother.
Exactly Mups

Some people have the most pathetic handshakes too
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 11:22 AM

Rhian, I don't want to spoil your thread, but it has given me an opportunity to share something very sad.

I am very close to school friend, who has incurable cancer, and we have always hugged since being 11 years old. With help from the hospital, she had survived for 4 years, but over that time her husband has banned people from the house....
both of her sisters, her daughter, a friend who lives in France that comes to visit, and at the end of last year he banned me too.
We speak on the phone every week and, when she is feeling up to it, I pick her up and take her out for lunch. The thing that bothers me is, as I can't just pop round to see her anytime I always want to give her a long hug when we say goodbye....because the thought is in my head that it could be the last!
She could come to live with me, but her sons and grandchildren would not be able to come very often, and I know one of her daughters-in-law spends a lot of time with her, but can't drive!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 11:27 AM

My dear wife if from the south - south of the Mason-Dixon line that is. Hugs are in their culture.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 11:30 AM

I prefer not to receive hugs and kisses from anyone but young children. My children usually give this daft old bat a hug, though.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 11:31 AM

Nom I see you are reading this, and after seeing the note on your profile I just wanted to send you a hug too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top