Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:03 AM

Re: Watching 4 World Cup matches in a day

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Watching one match would do my head in!
But you support England Tara......Right?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:05 AM

Watching one match would do my head in!
If you have nothing to say.......say nothing!

I'm enjoying the World Cup also.

The Spain v Portugal match will go down as a timeless classic.

I loved watching Iceland do well and Messi missing that penalty.

I'm gutted Scotland aren't there because the atmosphere here in Scotland is a bit muted.

I asked a colleague who he was backing in the WC and he asked in reply 'Who are in England's group?'
I said 'Tunisia, Belgium and Panama!'
'Well,' he replied ' That'll be the first three teams I'm backing!'

I can't find anywhere to by a flag of St George for my van......funny that !
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
But you support England Tara......Right?
I couldn't care less who wins.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

I'm gutted Scotland aren't there because the atmosphere here in Scotland is a bit muted.

I asked a colleague who he was backing in the WC and he asked in reply 'Who are in England's group?'

I could post you one up Moscow......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-06-2018, 10:42 AM

I couldn't care less who wins.
I don't like listening to Jazz Tara, but I wouldn't knock anyone that does..........How about I come to see you and explain the rules of Football, perhaps if you understood it you might change your mind.....Yes? ......
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:49 AM

I have loved the start to this World Cup. I pity my neighbour with us screaming at the TV every two minutes. My favourite line at the moment is For crying out loud isn't the goal big enough for you....or words to that effect
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

Along with Nicola Sturgeon no doubt.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't like listening to Jazz Tara, but I wouldn't knock anyone that does..........How about I come to see you and explain the rules of Football, perhaps if you understood it you might change your mind.....Yes? ......
Oh for pity's sake I know the rules of football, my father enjoyed watching the sport on TV. I just have no interest in it whatsoever.

My second grandson (14) is a good player and was selected by both Man U and Liverpool when he was under 10 as the player to watch. Fortunately his academic studies have taken over and he is not going to be joining those teams as a player when older, what a relief, he will be heading for uni! He coaches younger kids in his spare time and will be paid to do it during the summer hols. His younger brother would be a good player too, but like his old granny has no interest in it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:34 AM

It's not for everyone clearly.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Oh for pity's sake I know the rules of football, my father enjoyed watching the sport on TV. I just have no interest in it whatsoever.

My second grandson (14) is a good player and was selected by both Man U and Liverpool when he was under 10 as the player to watch. Fortunately his academic studies have taken over and he is not going to be joining those teams as a player when older, what a relief, he will be heading for uni! He coaches younger kids in his spare time and will be paid to do it during the summer hols. His younger brother would be a good player too, but like his old granny has no interest in it.
Thanks for your reply Tara, I was only jesting, but I guess you knew that already. Even though your Grandson will not be chasing a career in football Tara, it sounds like he still gets a lot of enjoyment from the game by coaching, I wish him all the best.....Between you and me, I won't be watching many games either, it's not good for my heart watching England constantly passing the ball around the opposition's goal mouth for 89 minutes, only to watch the other team break away and stick one in the back of England's net in the final minute......

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top