Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 11:46 AM

Re: Watching 4 World Cup matches in a day

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for your reply Tara, I was only jesting, but I guess you knew that already. Even though your Grandson will not be chasing a career in football Tara, it sounds like he still gets a lot of enjoyment from the game by coaching, I wish him all the best.....Between you and me, I won't be watching many games either, it's not good for my heart watching England constantly passing the ball around the opposition's goal mouth for 89 minutes, only to watch the other team break away and stick one in the back of England's net in the final minute......
He does get a lot of enjoyment out of the game, and I wouldn't for one second deny the lad that.

However, much of my relief at him not going on to play professionally is that the ridiculous account of money players get paid often does them no good at all, if the lives of some of them are anything to go by.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
He does get a lot of enjoyment out of the game, and I wouldn't for one second deny the lad that.

However, much of my relief at him not going on to play professionally is that the ridiculous account of money players get paid often does them no good at all, if the lives of some of them are anything to go by.
How terrible that would have been for the lad.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How terrible that would have been for the lad.
Yes it would have been. Money is not the be all and end all, especially the stupid amounts professional footballers are paid for merely kicking a ball around, not doing anything worthwhile.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top