Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 11:50 AM

A tragic accident. [Loughborough Junction deaths]

I would suspect that they stepped back when a train came near them and inadvertently touched the 'third' rail and got electrocuted.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0f9178a9edc32
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 12:08 PM

Re: A tragic accident. [Loughborough Junction deaths]

What were they doing on the track in the first place? Maybe they committed suicide.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 12:13 PM

That is terrible - my thoughts are for their families.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
What were they doing on the track in the first place? Maybe they committed suicide.
Or maybe they were track workers. Until such time as the investigation is complete we won't know who or why.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 12:36 PM

The deaths are being treated as 'unexplained'.

How very sad.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Or maybe they were track workers. Until such time as the investigation is complete we won't know who or why.
I think if they had been working on the tracks that would have been revealed by now. The police are still investigating why they were on the line.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:44 PM

According to the Mail, they were graffiti artists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...th-London.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:45 PM

Does getting killed by a train make a story more newsworthy, people get killed in cars every day with little comment.

It would seem the three people killed could have been young male graffiti artists trespassing on the tracks, cans of spray paint were found with the bodies and there is a mass of graffiti nearby.

I feel sorry for the families...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Does getting killed by a train make a story more newsworthy, people get killed in cars every day with little comment.

It would seem the three people killed could have been young male graffiti artists trespassing on the tracks, cans of spray paint were found with the bodies and there is a mass of graffiti nearby.

I feel sorry for the families...
Interesting point Meg. As you say, many people get run over every day without mention.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:56 PM

I suppose it is always tragic when somebody is killed by a means of transport, but I suspect there would be fewer deaths if people followed the safety rules.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top