Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Re: A tragic accident. [Loughborough Junction deaths]

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
If you play with fire, you get burned, I have no sympathy with these dopey people whatsoever.
Of course you have never done something illegal, taken a risk or done something stupid have you?
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
When I was a child and something happened to another child, who was up to mischief, My parents always used to say " And that is what will happen you if you do the same stupid thing!"
I don't recall them feeling sorry for the injured child, they just said "lets hope she has learned not to make the same mistake again". Their reaction taught me well and I learned not to take risks, so have always been grateful for that teaching!
If we show great sympathy for those, who are hurt whilst doing wrong, aren't we teaching the young of today that it is alright to do wrong....so encouraging them to take risks?
I know these were in their twenties, but surely it is a consequence of poor parenting.

When my daughter was about nine it transpired that she and her friends had been writing on the local cricket pavillion with chalk. I went to the homes of the parents of the other children involved and told them that I felt the children should clean the building off. No other parent agreed with me, so I made my daughter do it alone, whilst I supervised. She had a bucket and brush and scrubbed every bit of chalk off the building. She never did such a thing again. Now in her fifties she still remembers the humiliation and embarrassment of that day.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Those idiots should not have been where they were, it is their fault they died.

If my children had behaved like that I would not feel in the least bit sorry for them, they would have brought it on themselves. I would be asking myself where I had gone wrong with their upbringing.
Originally Posted by Purwell ->
If you play with fire, you get burned, I have no sympathy with these dopey people whatsoever.
You are both saying that if your own children had had the sheer demonic behavoir of spraying a little graffiti on a train then subsequently died horrifically you would be thinking "Serves them right". You wouldn't give a fvck, in other words?

You two are made for each other.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You are both saying that if your own children had had the sheer demonic behavoir of spraying a little graffiti on a train then subsequently died horrifically you would be thinking "Serves them right". You wouldn't give a fvck, in other words?

Agreed.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

I don't believe them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I don't believe them.
That's right mate. I do believe that certain folk on here post because (a) they have no other discernible life to attend to, or (b) crave attention so much that they are deliberately obtuse.

I'll leave it there.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I know these were in their twenties, but surely it is a consequence of poor parenting.

When my daughter was about nine it transpired that she and her friends had been writing on the local cricket pavillion with chalk. I went to the homes of the parents of the other children involved and told them that I felt the children should clean the building off. No other parent agreed with me, so I made my daughter do it alone, whilst I supervised. She had a bucket and brush and scrubbed every bit of chalk off the building. She never did such a thing again. Now in her fifties she still remembers the humiliation and embarrassment of that day.
I am very impressed with how you punished your daughter CeeCee, it taught her a valuable lesson that she still remembers. I wonder how many of the other children, who weren't punished, maintained such good principles in their lives.
I always think that teaching a child right from wrong, is the best thing you ever do for them. Much better to give them a few harsh words and punishments, than to have to bury them when their bad behavior goes wrong!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 06:59 AM

I am very impressed with how you punished your daughter CeeCee, it taught her a valuable lesson that she still remembers. I wonder how many of the other children, who weren't punished, maintained such good principles in their lives.
I always think that teaching a child right from wrong, is the best thing you ever do for them. Much better to give them a few harsh words and punishments, than to have to bury them when their bad behavior goes wrong!
Hi

It is not just punishment for bad behaviour, it is also about rewarding them for doing the right thing.

To my mind there is far too much emphasis on here about punishment.

You don't train a dog just by punishing it when it does wrong, you get far better results by rewards when it does right, so why concentrate on punishing children?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is not just punishment for bad behaviour, it is also about rewarding them for doing the right thing.

To my mind there is far too much emphasis on here about punishment.

You don't train a dog just by punishing it when it does wrong, you get far better results by rewards when it does right, so why concentrate on punishing children?
If they do something right I am happy to reward them, but if they do something wrong & are not punished, they soon catch on that they can get away with doing wrong.
All children are naughty at times, and they push to see how far they can go, so without punishment how can they learn?
People don't concentrate on punishing children, they do it to help the child fit into society and , unless it is abusive punishment, I have always found that kids who have been punished have greater respect for the person who punished them, as they get older.
To this day, I can remember that a punishment of not being allowed to go out was far worse than having to be home on time... so I always made an effort to be home when expected! If I had been rewarded for getting home on time, I would have seen my parents as being a soft touch, so tried to push the boundaries!
I believe that it is wrong not to set boundaries and teach them to obey rules, especially when the law sets boundaries that they should follow!

Too many parents think that giving a child what they want will win their love, but as those children grow up, many of those parents lose the child's respect, and often their company too!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 08:20 AM

I know a couple who have 2 sons, one is a model son the other was a complete nightmare, he got in the wrong crowd and was easily led. When he got older he turned to his parents, apologised and said "i.m sorry, my behaviour was out of order and it was nothing to do with how you brought me up, I just chose to be a rebellious prick" he's doing well nowmuch to his parents relief. Many petty criminals come from decent families but obviously some end up in prison. But I guess some parents just don't care and it's these parents who can be held responsible.

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top