Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:03 PM

Mistaken identity

I was walking down the road in town, when I thought I saw a friend of my hubby, enter the TV shop. I called in asking if he was thinking of getting a bigger one. When the man turned around!!!! It was NOT who I thought he was. I cannot post his reply to me.

Have you ever mistaken someone? Or is it just me?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:16 PM

Re: Mistaken identity

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I was walking down the road in town, when I thought I saw a friend of my hubby, enter the TV shop. I called in asking if he was thinking of getting a bigger one. When the man turned around!!!! It was NOT who I thought he was. I cannot post his reply to me.

I wonder what colour your face was when you discovered it was the wrong man!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:18 PM

I'm sure we have all done it at some time or another. I mean I could easily mistake you for Betty Boop. You both look very similar have you noticed?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I wonder what colour your face was when you discovered it was the wrong man!
It was his quick reply that got me.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm sure we have all done it at some time or another. I mean I could easily mistake you for Betty Boop. You both look very similar have you noticed?
Mad fool
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:21 PM

It was his quick reply that got me.

Mad fool
'It's big enough'???
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-06-2018, 01:24 PM

'It's big enough'???
Nope
Is yours? Your TV I mean.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-06-2018, 01:30 PM

When I was young, I was walking along Southend Sea front with my parents and grandparents. I ran in front and grabbed my granddad's hand, looked up and it wasn't him. I can remember bursting into tears.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:31 PM

I have on occasion. These days, because I walk the dog a lot, I recognise a lot of people by their dog. It works both ways - it seems that everybody and their granny knows Max. But he is quite a striking looking dog. Of course I would say that.....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-06-2018, 01:34 PM

When I was young, I was walking along Southend Sea front with my parents and grandparents. I ran in front and grabbed my granddad's hand, looked up and it wasn't him. I can remember bursting into tears.
My Dad got into the wrong car, when I was waiting for him.
It was the same colour as my car, just parked in front of me.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I have on occasion. These days, because I walk the dog a lot, I recognise a lot of people by their dog. It works both ways - it seems that everybody and their granny knows Max. But he is quite a striking looking dog. But I would say that.....

I suppose dogs know dogs. He is lovely
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 01:54 PM

I've got a big one already, do you want to have a look!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top