Join for free
Page 4 of 28 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:03 PM

Re: Should Madeleine McCann's parents accept blame?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I always wonder at the many threads I have seen throughout the years on this subject what sort of people take pleasuring in attacking the afflicted .
And afflicted in a terrible way the loss of a child.
It's incomprehensible to me
Why do they do it?
It's something akin to dogs who will frequently attack their wounded fellows .
Does it make them feel better more self righteous or something?
I think youre right there !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I would agree with that if the McCanns hadn't been such avid self-publicists, self-righteous prigs and refused to answer police questions. If they had thrown their hands in the air at the beginning and accepted their share of responsibility for the alleged abduction., I think there would be much greater pubic sympathy for them. As it is - harsh as it may seem, they are reaping what they sowed.
Mick I think there is a lot of nonsense and unfounded gossip put about by spiteful people and the press, I personally don't believe it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:07 PM

It is time they moved on ... looked to their own and their remaining kids future or they will have none to speak of.

Their lives have turned into a highly publicised crusade , or more cynically a career, into finding a daughter who will likely never be found and could well be dead. They were not guiltless in her disappearance.

I pity their other two kids who must see Maddie as some kind of revered shrine in their parents lives. For their sakes it's time to grieve and let go.

Psst .. I have heard their lawyers regularly trawl the web and slap writs on anyone who says anything derogatory about them or insist it is removed. Take care what you say.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
KH won't just be giving her opinion she is making money out of it, shameful way to make money IMO I have my views on the child going missing but tbh it's not helpful going over it yet again I doubt any of us will change our minds on them and what happened.
I am in agreement with Julie.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:18 PM

Whether people liked the McCanns or not, surely everybody must feel compassion for them!
Unless you are a perfect parent, who never did anything wrong in regard to how you brought your children up, I would suggest that we could all have found ourselves in a position where a child's well being had been damaged by something we had done wrong. Kids have been abducted whilst playing out or going to the shop for mum. They fall off swings and slides and hurt themselves, because there was nobody there to catch them. We cannot attach children to our sides 24/7 so bad things sometimes happen.... but in the McCann case the person to blame is the one who abducted her!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:25 PM

I wonder how much the good people on here would defend a parent from a council estate who'd gone to the pub leaving her kids home alone.

They'd be slaughtered by you, the press and social services.

Just because they're fine, upstanding middle class doctors doesn't make them any less guilty.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I wonder how much the good people on here would defend a parent from a council estate who'd gone to the pub leaving her kids home alone.

They'd be slaughtered by you, the press and social services.

Just because they're fine, upstanding middle class doctors doesn't make them any less guilty.
Tpin, People from the council estates don't seem to be slaughtered for years after the event with the same regurgitated stuff dragged up again and again.
The McCanns have lost a child, they need compassion, not eternal criticism.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:42 PM

There has been a unbelievable lack of compassion
It's because they are vewied as arrogant middle class doctors .
And therefore not as deserving .
( in fact both come from working class backgrounds they are kids that made good)
No one accused the grandparents of Sarah Payne of neglect of care or other parents of abducted children .
There were no spiteful implications
On the contrary compassion was abundant .
This is the Internet at its worse giving cowards who would not dream of saying such things face to face to bereaved parents their chance to stick the knife in and twist it against these wretched people who have to go to their graves with this weight upon their hearts .
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:47 PM

Yes they made a grave mistake which will haunt them for the rest of their lives. In my opinion they are right to continue searching for her. No-one has the right to tell them otherwise. Maddie has a distinctive eye feature which I hope will be recognised by someone some time in the future.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2016, 01:48 PM

Hmm, opinions that don't match yours are now the opinions of cowards?

I do have compassion for them, I also have contempt.

Page 4 of 28 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top