Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 01:22 PM

Re: Tony Blackburn sacked by BBC

Seems to me that those who knew and turned a blind eye are just as guilty and maybe they should have to answer for it..
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 01:41 PM

Why not close this thread the same old stale news. 😠
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Seems to me that those who knew and turned a blind eye are just as guilty and maybe they should have to answer for it..
They certainly should!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 02:31 PM

Who can possibly judge who's telling the truth after 40 years - or even after an hour of the alleged offences? Impossible to say, and as someone else has mentioned, those at the BBC who deliberately turned a blind eye (and still do, apparently) I don't see them thrown onto the streets without pensions.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
But who knows who knew about events which took place in some instances almost 50 years ago.

To me it is also a crime to stick guilty labels on innocent people.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
But who knows who knew about events which took place in some instances almost 50 years ago.

To me it is also a crime to stick guilty labels on innocent people.
It is much more of a crime to let evil perverts, and those in the know, of whom there were many, get away with it!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 02:41 PM

True Meg and I agree that it should be innocent till proved guilty. But I feel if someone did know for sure, then they too are partly to blame. They should have spoken up, this could all have come to light a long time ago and JS would have been alive to answer the abuse claims for himself...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 03:07 PM

The problem is I think many of us had heard about saville, it was I believe common knowledge as they say, so the number of people who should be punished is vast. I think I knew right back in the 70s what he was up to, we were warned when we went to top of the pops studio which djs and singers to be careful of.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 03:11 PM

The NSPCC say "don't wait for proof of child abuse if you are suspicious, report it". It would be interesting to know just how many people did know and yet did nothing.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

25-02-2016, 03:34 PM

I am so very grateful none of my children went on the Jim'll Fix It show! They all wanted to, but I had always disliked the man, whom I thought was creepy well before we heard of his sexual abuse allegations. I refused to let them apply to go on the show.

When my youngest daughter was 12 she was invited to go on a BBC Saturday morning show (I have forgotten its name) hosted by Philip Schofield. My husband accompanied her and she was never out of his sight, thank goodness. It is a pity the children who were abused by Savile and Stuart Hall didn't have their parents in plain sight all the time.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top