Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 03:08 PM

Re: Please Give Me A Sedative, I Need It!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think it has got worse since they were hacked, but their servers have always been sub standard. I get pleasure from complaining about bad service, but seeing as I get free broadband from them ( a method they used to get phone customers to accept their broadband service) I can't complain too much.
Us as well for 3 months. I don't know if OH actually spoke to a manager but saying he would switch did get a result, he also said if no improvement in BB speed by August, when our contract runs out, he would switch.
I am not keen, it was such a hassle switching to Talktalk when we did that. Who do you chose, they all seem the same!
I've thought of another question for you, will ask on your thread.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Please Give Me A Sedative, I Need It!
We all need a sedative dealing with those non-humans.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art I don't telephone these companies unless there is no other choice, I can't cope with the time wasting automated responses I prefer to email them instead.
Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Same here.
Same here as well (Provided you can find an e-mail address)
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 07:05 PM

Welcome to our new customer service line your call is important to us so please choose from the following menu.

To wait please press 1

To wait more please press 2

and so on until

For valium please press 5

Several minutes later--------you have chosen valium. Please ring your nearest surgery and wait for the menu.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Welcome to our new customer service line your call is important to us so please choose from the following menu.

To wait please press 1

and so on until

Several minutes later--------you have chosen valium. Please ring your nearest surgery and wait for the menu.
That is funny OG!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I also wanted them to clarify whether calls to 0345 numbers were included in my free 'unlimited' calls plan.
Hi Artangel

I share your frustration with these company call centres, they are a work of the devil !

Here's a useful site that explains call charges for all the various "special" phone prefixes. Hope it is useful.

http://www.area-codes.org.uk/0345-numbers.php
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 07:25 PM

To wait please press 1

and so on until

LOL

That is funny but the subject isn't!!! I absolutely dread having to call customer service as more often than not I end up in tears. When I eventually get through (to a foreign call centre) I explain I wear two hearing aids and ask if they would speak louder and a little slower, this request is totally ignored. I struggle to hear and also understand them. Most times I have had to call them I have been kept on the phone for at least one and half hours by which time I am tearing my hair out. There have been several times I have tearfully told them I would call back the day after. It is so stressful!!! Talktalk told me they do not use Indian call centres?.....they lied. When will they sort this problem?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 07:32 PM

Welcome to our new customer service line your call is important to us ...
Why do they say that? It is so insulting! It goes straight up my nose!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 07:49 PM

I am pleased some found my post funny,it`s good to be able to make folks laugh. But my humour is often barbed. I was a reflection on reality.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 08:22 PM

What amuses me is that, after I have gone through the rigmarole of listening to a list of options and pressing various buttons, I hear the inevitable recorded message telling me that they are experiencing "an unusually high volume of calls".

I hear that message almost EVERY time I call, regardless of the time of day, and from almost EVERY organisation I call.

I'd really like to know what time of day I should call to ensure they are NOT experiencing "an unusually high volume of calls". Perhaps around 2am?

Oh, hang on; they're not open at that time. Still, I suppose that must be when, logically, they are not experiencing "an unusually high volume of calls".

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top