Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 05:25 PM

For those of you heading to Europe and needing your mobile.

3 do a great package.
300 mins+3000 text+ unlimited data all for £20.
This is valid for one month after you put the sim in your phone. To keep the sim and number all you have to do is put it in a phone once in a 6 month period, no topping up required until you next need it.
Any calls you make from Spain( or any other country 3 cover)comes out of the 300 mins.

I'm on contract with Virgin and have unlimited everything, calls, text and data but the international roaming costs a fortune.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 06:11 PM

Re: For those of you heading to Europe and needing your mobile.

...or better still leave your phone at home and just enjoy your holiday in peace and quiet.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 06:18 PM

When we on holiday, we only put the phone every 3/4 days to check whether any urgent messages.
Nice to get away from it all TBH.
We also just Email just about once week to check in with the family, so they know what part of the US we are in at the time., and everything is okay.
That is enough for us.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 06:24 PM

I can't leave my phone off or be unreachable, my mum is seriously ill, also I have a business to run.

This isn't so much a holiday but a break that was much needed and recommended by my doctor. I haven't had a day off since September 4th, with visiting my mum twice a day, every day and work. Coupled with worry and my mum's quadraplegia it was a recipe for disaster.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 06:26 PM

I'm with Virgin and use my phone abroad to let our kids know we're OK otherwise they would worry, I sometimes send them a photo of where we're staying.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

22-03-2016, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
...or better still leave your phone at home and just enjoy your holiday in peace and quiet.
That's why the title says "needing" a mobile and no mention of holiday.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
3 do a great package.
This is valid for one month after you put the sim in your phone. To keep the sim and number all you have to do is put it in a phone once in a 6 month period, no topping up required until you next need it.
Any calls you make from Spain( or any other country 3 cover)comes out of the 300 mins.

I'm on contract with Virgin and have unlimited everything, calls, text and data but the international roaming costs a fortune.
That sounds a good deal.

I think that Three generally is a good company to be with. I use their 3-2-1 PAYG deal which, for a low user who uses the phone on wi-fi at home a lot of the time, means that I rarely pay anything! I might top up by £10 once every three to six months.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 06:51 PM

How did people cope. It was only a comparatively few years ago when the mobile was never heard of. All of a sudden we cant survive without them. They keep the opticians of the world happy i suppose. Staring at a tiny bright screen for hours every day.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
3 do a great package.

That sounds like a good deal
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 06:57 PM

Thanks very much for your attempt to help your cyber friends Tpin it is appreciated. Forums are a good way to help one another and I would say any tips in helping us "oldies" to save money are welcome.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top