Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 01:30 PM

Re: Possible 100,000 city jobs to go

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No one I know had a problem with immigration just didn't want anyone walking in no numbers counted.
Julie this and other forums were bleeding numbers and the words "mass migration" for years before 23 June. There were hysterical posts from Marmeduke going on about Turkey being able to empty into the Bristol Channel. There were chest thumping posts about Eastern Europeans flooding the UK. Oh yes indeed the issue was numbers but doing a David Davis double take isn't going to change the fact that when you need immigrants and restrict Europeans, you will get non Europeans who could be anyone.
Is that what you want?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 01:33 PM

Hi

A simple example, the proposed EU Army.

Sod that for a game of marbles.

Why should our youngsters be put at risk because of the failings of others to support NATO?

Germany, the biggest economy in the EU, has refused point blank to meet it's financial commitments to NATO.

Junckers Luxembourg, also incredibly rich, has also refused.

Two of the poorest nations in the EU, Poland and Greece do meet their obligations, at great cost to themselves.

The much vaunted Luftwaffe cannot even target at night.

As for the French, they have only just started using NATO standard ammunition, much more interested in keeping their own industries viable.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Julie this and other forums were bleeding numbers and the words "mass migration" for years before 23 June. There were hysterical posts from Marmeduke going on about Turkey being able to empty into the Bristol Channel. There were chest thumping posts about Eastern Europeans flooding the UK. Oh yes indeed the issue was numbers but doing a David Davis double take isn't going to change the fact that when you need immigrants and restrict Europeans, you will get non Europeans who could be anyone.
Is that what you want?
Yes mass that's the word we don't want. Selected controlled numbers like most countries have is what we want.

You can't just walk into Australia and start working rightly so. So why do we want that here ? Why would anyone want that ?
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 01:35 PM

my apologies. I went back a d reread the 2008 Immigration act synopsis and got my labels mixed up.

Here is a summary.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points...United_Kingdom)

The principle remains. immigration is IMO preferable form the near European countries which offer a safer ^population more conversant with the UK culture.
The idea of letting in potential terrorists from god knows where doesn't sit well with me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 01:39 PM

my apologies. I went back a d reread the 2008 Immigration act synopsis and got my labels mixed up.

Here is a summary.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points...United_Kingdom)

The principle remains. immigration is IMO preferable form the near European countries which offer a safer ^population more conversant with the UK culture.
The idea of letting in potential terrorists from god knows where doesn't sit well with me.
Stoping South Africans, Canadians, Americans, Australians, thaiwanese I could go on all to stop a possible terrorist is ridiculous. We need to control who comes but I'm perfectly happy with most nations, all nations actually if they are investigated well enough.
Flicker
France

07-04-2017, 01:39 PM

Yes mass that's the word we don't want. Selected controlled numbers like most countries have is what we want.

You can't just walk into Australia and start working rightly so. So why do we want that here ? Why would anyone want that ?
Julie do you see any number of EU citizens sleeping on parks or propping up doorways? I don't.
Why? Because they are WORKING.
Why do you want to make obtaining labour so much more cumbersome and difficult when the results may be even worse but the numbers no different?
Flicker
France

07-04-2017, 01:41 PM

Stoping South Africans, Canadians, Americans, Australians, thaiwanese I could go on all to stop a possible terrorist is ridiculous. We need to control who comes but I'm perfectly happy with most nations, all nations actually if they are investigated well enough.
I didn't suggest that. I said if you increase the number of non EU immigrants at the lower pay scale level you increase the possibility of terrorism.
Flicker
France

07-04-2017, 01:47 PM

SF is is only recently that Germany was allowed to have an army. It was formulated in 1955 at a very restricted level.
I'll tell you why I support an EU army.

Ukraine and Russia.
Refugees and terrorism.

Ukraine borers the EU. Russia is expansionist and looking west .

There needs to be some enforcement of EU borders to stop refugees flooding in. Countries like Greece ans Italy cannot cope on their own. Nor is it NATO's job since no one is attacking the EU.

and armies help in natural disasters.
There is no reason why an EU army cannot support a NATO force but not have to rely on it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-04-2017, 01:48 PM

Julie do you see any number of EU citizens sleeping on parks or propping up doorways? I don't.
Why? Because they are WORKING.
Why do you want to make obtaining labour so much more cumbersome and difficult when the results may be even worse but the numbers no different?
Yes actually aggressive begging has definitely been down to some cultures coming from Eastern Europe, also squatting, sex working and trafficking all risen hugely.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-04-2017, 01:50 PM

I didn't suggest that. I said if you increase the number of non EU immigrants at the lower pay scale level you increase the possibility of terrorism.
I was saying what has happened not what may happen in sometime in the future. As for terrorism among poorer people we make a lot of our own home grown terrorists as have other European countries.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top