Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:58 PM

Re: Dartmoor Letterboxes

Thanks Nom.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Tis a shame Tiffany, some folks are just plain nasty. Im busy trying to photograph the Snowdogs up here,some have already been vandalized, nbut quickly taken in and respired again and put back on display.

I suppose its to be expected these days,. I believe in days of old there were secret message drops around Northumberland, would be great to find an untouched site.

That is such a shame Nom. It's down to total lack of thought and respect.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 05:10 AM

It's just geocaching letterboxes! not historic monuments... Whatever next? people stealing Pokemons?

Much ado about nothing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 08:13 AM

People not having fun spoiling others fun, really they need to make their own lives better not ruin it for others.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 04:49 PM

The same happen with geocaches. They just disappear. Some years ago when I was into it, I had to replace a few that vanished overnight.
With letter boxes I believe that all they contain is a card. (That's what was done when they first started many years ago). But geocaches contain all sorts of gifts that you can take something and also leave something. Plus a log book to sign.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 04:54 PM

Yes its a fun way to enjoy the outdoors Emjay, sort of Orienteering with the advantage of a gift at the points.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
The same happen with geocaches. They just disappear. Some years ago when I was into it, I had to replace a few that vanished overnight.
With letter boxes I believe that all they contain is a card. (That's what was done when they first started many years ago). But geocaches contain all sorts of gifts that you can take something and also leave something. Plus a log book to sign.
Letterboxes contain a bit more than that, they usually have a rubber stamp with the logo of the box on it, an ink pad, pens or pencils & a log book to put your own stamp in. The stamps are not cheap to have made either. Some times people leave a letter to be posted by the next person finding it as well.
It still amazes me that anyone would want to remove them. They are only interesting to the people looking for them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top