Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Re: Every Labour voter is the loser.

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Apparently. I sometimes feel that I'm living in a parallel universe because the events you describe although supposedly the same time-line as my own are totally different to mine. All I can remember during those halcyon days you describe are constant strikes and disruption by greedy unions running rough-shod over the weak Labour government causing power cuts that put ordinary people in danger and rubbish being piled up in the streets. And then there was inferior and poor quality manufacturing especially in the motor industries resulting in the loss of valuable exports despite government billions being pumped into the industry.
I remember leaving one job I was just bored, walked down the road and was employed again before I turned into the next road ! I remember strikes yes but was only ever involved in one, that was when a man had lost an arm because our employer insisted we remove a safety guard from a cutting machine. Rubbish yes remember that too can't remember why they struck though.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2016, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Naughty...accurate yes, but naughty.
Some purveyors of gourmet Big Macs wear 5 stars on their chest, awarded for stringing 5 words together in just one sentence, ' Want fries with that mate?'
Never a truer word spoken.

I like being naughty.........
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Never a truer word spoken.

I like being naughty.........
What a nice man you do remind me of something.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 07:15 AM

It takes much acumen to appease the Mob, when the Fast Food slows down, all that for little recompense, well done, you have earned your stars.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 07:31 AM

QUOTE=Rehab44;1000584]Not my fault if you are a low achiever Purwell. But there is a place for you in society ...somewhere...McDonald's maybe?[/QUOTE]

Hi

Low achievers are what Society depends on.

It would cease to exist without sewer cleaners, bin men, hospital porters and cleaners, vegetable cutters and fruit pickers.

I started off in life cleaning sewers, I know what hard work is, I know what it is to be looked down on by others.

Those working in McDonalds are good honest people, they have the work ethic.

The workers deserve good housing, a decent wage, proper medical services.

They are not to be mocked.

If you were as you say a boss, an Army Boss at that, you are unique in my experience.

I have never known any WO who was so disparaging of others.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 07:33 AM

Well said Swimfeeders!
A captain without a crew is not going anywhere.
It's the workers that make the bosses rich.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I was expecting a lot more to be honest, something like, ' you are a capitalist running dog Rehab, and you will be the first against the wall come the revolution'
You obviously missed the thread entitled 'Musicals' wherein I suggested that the G&S Operetta 'The Mikado' has a particularly relevant aria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx7Rppo8l2g
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
QUOTE=Rehab44;1000584]Not my fault if you are a low achiever Purwell. But there is a place for you in society ...somewhere...McDonald's maybe?
Hi

It would cease to exist without sewer cleaners, bin men, hospital porters and cleaners, vegetable cutters and fruit pickers.

I started off in life cleaning sewers, I know what hard work is, I know what it is to be looked down on by others.

If you were as you say a boss, an Army Boss at that, you are unique in my experience.

I have never known any WO who was so disparaging of others.[/QUOTE]

Oh was Rehab a WO??? - I had him marked down as a grubby little corporal - like those across the Channel - one in France and t'other in Germany.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hi

I have never known any WO who was so disparaging of others.[/QUOTE]

Oh was Rehab a WO??? - I had him marked down as a grubby little corporal - like those across the Channel - one in France and t'other in Germany.

Hi

I can fight my own fights UJ, I don't need you.

Whatever issues I may have with posts from another member, they are most definitely above those who post rebel songs and celebrate the random killing of innocents by Terrorists.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 09:50 AM

Love him or hate him, everybody is talking about Corbyn, more so than any other party leader that I can think of!

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top