Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 12:16 AM

Simple Tips

I saw some possibly useful and simple tips today.
Here are just a few of them:

1. ASPIRIN - Two tables crushed in 100 ml of water is good for removing sweat stains from clothing is soaked for an hour or two.
2. If you have any left over WINE in the bottle (unlikely ), freeze it ice cube trays for use later in casseroles, sauces and stews.
3. TOMATO KETCHUP for cleaning silver jewellery to a sparkle.
Work into the silver with a soft toothbrush then rinse off for a lovely sparkle again.
4. FABRIC CONDITIONER - use to clean your radiators with.
When the heating comes on, your house will smell wonderful.
5. NAIL VARNISH - Clear nail varnish painted onto verrucas. Let it dry out and the verruca will soon drop off.
6. RUBBER GLOVES - Slightly dampen them, then use them to run over upholstery to easily remove pet hairs.
7. TOOTHPASTE - Rub onto your hands after chopping onions or garlic, it's better than soap for removing the smell.

I'll maybe post a few more another day, unless you all tell me to clear off!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 12:19 AM

Re: Simple Tips

Great tips Mups, thanks for posting them ...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:26 AM

Thanks for the useful tips Mups,I like the fabric cond' one,I used to spray furniture polish on top of radiators for the nice smell when the heating came on,
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:29 AM

I would be a bit wary of the verruca solution, unless it was confirmed by a GP.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I would be a bit wary of the verruca solution, unless it was confirmed by a GP.

Dunno Nom. I've never had a verruca. Is nail varnish harmful then?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 10:02 AM

I had verrucas removed as a child in hospital, and damage was done to nerves in my toes. I dont think nail varnish is harful used in this way but i wonder if when they drop off does it leave a possible source for infection.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 11:55 AM

I do this ...

Don't throw away old ironing water .. you know the stuff you can buy, it smells nice.

Pour it into one of those little humidifier things you can hang on your radiator.
Smells lovely.

In winter. As an alternative to ironing water.
Add a couple of drops of lavender oil, and/or a drop or two of eucalyptus to smell sweet and help anyone suffering from stuffiness from centrally heated homes, especially if they have a cold.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

24-09-2016, 02:48 PM

Three more for you:

* You can remove fingerprints from painted walls by rubbing them with a slice of bread.

* Dishwasher tablets dipped in hot water are great for cleaning bakes on grease and dirt in your oven.

* If your butter is too cold and rock hard to spread, rub it over your cheese grater to make it much easier.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 03:52 PM

A simple tip...not too expensive.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-10-2016, 12:44 AM

Just the last few:

* Freeze any left over wine (you're joking!) in ice cube trays ready to use in stews, casseroles and pasta sauces.

* Freeze lemon slices for your G & T's. Makes it cold and refreshing.

* Drop a penny into the water of cut flowers, along with a pinch of sugar to keep the flowers perkier for longer.

* Veet hair removing cream. Squirt some down the plughole and it gets rid of any hair blocking the drain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top