Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 08:18 PM

Broadband Suppliers

Who supplies your broadband and can you recommend them?

At present I'm on Virgin Media broadband and it costs me the princely sum of fifty-seven quid a month with line rental and minimal TV.

Considering I seldom watch TV and never use my land-line I feel I'm being ripped off big style and with my upcoming retirement looming I think I'd better make some savings somewhere.

Ideas welcome.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 08:29 PM

Re: Broadband Suppliers

We are with Plusnet and we find it a great service. We get broadband and telephone for an average £ 40 a month. Our TV is Freeview so costs nothing..
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 08:35 PM

We're also with Plusnet and pay less than £25 a month for broadband and telephone. Very good service with customer service in Yorkshire!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 08:47 PM

What pees me off with Broadband suppliers is out here in the countryside we can only get 2.5 mbits so regardless of what provider we choose (if they are available at all) the speed will not improve but we are charged the same as those people who have much higher achievable speed .

BT Openreach have taken the government's money and cherry picked the easy areas to supply and to hang with the rest of us.

I am with EE as it happens one of only a couple of providers who cover our area. I wouldn't recommend anyone they are all greedy sharks
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 08:50 PM

I'm with TT,

People slag them off, but tbh I've always had good service and rarely lose the connection.
Believe me, I'd be the first to moan if they were pants. Speeds are good as well.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 08:57 PM

You could stay with Virgin Media and see about changing your package.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 08:58 PM

Thanks for the info about Plusnet. Look to be some good deals available for around thirty-seven quid for fibre broadband. Will have to have a telephone line installed first but after the initial cost could be quids in long term.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

19-03-2017, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
You could stay with Virgin Media and see about changing your package.
I've tried that but they can't/won't offer any good deals (unless I tell them I'm leaving to give me that edge ). In fact I had someone last week with an unintelligible accent trying to get me to increase my `bundle` for an extra three quid.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What pees me off with Broadband suppliers is out here in the countryside we can only get 2.5 mbits so regardless of what provider we choose (if they are available at all) the speed will not improve but we are charged the same as those people who have much higher achievable speed .

BT Openreach have taken the government's money and cherry picked the easy areas to supply and to hang with the rest of us.

I am with EE as it happens one of only a couple of providers who cover our area. I wouldn't recommend anyone they are all greedy sharks
Hi

Yes Meg, one of the disadvantages of living in a small village, no gas, no cable.

We however have just been upgraded in the village, so things are much better, relatively so, we are now on 6mb.

EE is the cheapest round here, more so than BT, who apparently now own EE.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2017, 09:07 PM

I'm due to try a reduction in my bundle soon Judd. I'll see how it goes when the time comes. I'd be reluctant to leave VM though. I find their broadband service has been generally good over the many years I've been with them. No other comany compares if broadband speed is important.

I think the other thing is that the cost does include line rental. Maybe the cost of that has to be added to offers from elsewhere?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top