Join for free
Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 01:03 AM

Re: How to post pics

well it made sense to me and that's saying something!
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

06-02-2015, 05:17 AM

Meg, I have followed your instructions 9 times and it doesn't seem to work on tablet. I am so tired now, I have to sleep. We will have to start again tomorrow.
bob.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:28 AM

Morning Bob, not seeing anything myself ?
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

06-02-2015, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Hi Odie, Try this instead if you are still struggling:

I used to struggle to load photos as, like yourself, I was used to just browsing my computer for an image. I have no idea why this forum upload is so complex!

I now load pictures to my album, and then bring them from there into a post. It will depend on your browser though how you copy the image url ready for pasting into a post.....

Go to your album and click on the picture you want, to bring up the full size image.
Right click on the image and choose "image properties" (if using IE) or "copy image url" (if using chrome)
If you have chosen "image properties" then scroll over the image url, right click and copy.
You can then go to your post.
When you wish to insert your image into the post then click on the picture icon at the top of the text box and it will ask you to insert your image url. Delete the http:// already in the box and then right click and paste in your picture url .
Press OK.
Now preview post to check the picture is there.
This sounds convoluted but after a couple of times it does get easier....Good Luck..
Cheers mate, I will give it a go, remember I am using a tablet, I find this site VERY difficult to use.
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

06-02-2015, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Morning Bob, not seeing anything myself ?
Nom, I cannot do it, I give up ! I am using a tablet
noone can give me 1, 2, 3, instructions it seems. Perhaps it will be better tomorrow, this site makes things so difficult. God knows how you post a URL, it seems impossible. Why is posting a picture such a big deal. Taking the pictures was so much easier.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 05:53 AM

Bob you will get it eventually, i cant advise you about your tablet as ive never used one. I believe MJK is going to try and make a video to show you how. Seeing it done is so much easier than trying to explain it.

Dont give up, your threads and posts are excellent, and when you crack the images you will be flying.

For what its worth just about every forum im on has different ways of putting images up, it can be so frustrating.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 11:42 AM

I cant upload on here either Bob so don't feel alone.
I can upload them to my profile but not to be on here with
a post.
Think you have to use something like photobucket or another
company to put the ones you want on there. Then you get
a URL number you can put on here. That's my gist of it.
Hope to see your photos soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I cant upload on here either Bob so don't feel alone.
I can upload them to my profile but not to be on here with
a post.
Think you have to use something like photobucket or another
company to put the ones you want on there. Then you get
a URL number you can put on here. That's my gist of it.
Hope to see your photos soon.
Hi Sandy if you have already uploaded the photographs from your computer to your album on here you don't need to use photobucket. Just copy them into your post like this..

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...463#post386463
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2015, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
Nom, I cannot do it, I give up ! I am using a tablet
noone can give me 1, 2, 3, instructions it seems. Perhaps it will be better tomorrow, this site makes things so difficult. God knows how you post a URL, it seems impossible. Why is posting a picture such a big deal. Taking the pictures was so much easier.
Hi Bob You have clearly mastered posting into an album in your profile so now you should be able to just copy a picture from your album into the post where you wish to display it and don't bother with photobucket.

Mags explains how to do it ..

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...463#post386463
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I believe MJK is going to try and make a video to show you how. Seeing it done is so much easier than trying to explain it.
I was going to but then I realized it wouldn't be of use as Bob is using a tablet.

Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top