Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 11:56 PM

Re: At this age, I think exercise might kill me if I start.

HF, you seem a bit light on the posts.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
HF, you seem a bit light on the posts.
I don't think there is any 'Hope' Spitty......
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 01:20 PM

And `well done` from me. It`s already been said-start slowly,no `high impact` training. Yoga yes,pilates yes,swimming yes-aerobics when most are in their 20s? No.

In the gym-again start just walking on the treadmill. Use weights by all means and set the weight quite high(do NOT forget to breath)-15-20 reps using a heavier weight does more good than endless reps with a low tension.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 04:47 PM

Take it slow and work up, it'll come.

You should work out a small route from your house to walk.

I did this, the first time I walked it, it took me thirty eight minutes. A couple of months later I was doing it in eighteen minutes and looked like a speed walker.

With in three months I was up to four and half miles a day on a larger route.

The stamina I built up was incredible. Walking is one of the best ways of exorcising and losing weight in my opinion.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
... Walking is one of the best ways of exorcising and losing weight in my opinion.
That's the spirit !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
That's the spirit !
Trust you Pummie.....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 09:56 AM

You're lucky Sue to lose so much weight, I wish I could and you're not old either, most of the people on this forum are a lot older then you including me, I was lifting weights at the Gym when I was 59 and nobody laughed at me or even noticed I was there and it was mostly Men there, so go for it!
Vickitee
New Member!
United States
Vickitee is female 

17-01-2017, 12:45 PM

Well done on your current weight loss Hopefloats! And I can relate. When I joined a gym for the first time about eight years ago, I was about 190 pounds. When I started running on the treadmill, I felt like all the thinner runners were watching how much I jiggled everywhere. Lol! What made me feel better was that it was a female-only location. And once the pounds started dropping, I no longer cared about who was looking. Just stay focused on your goals! You can do it.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 06:13 PM

The only thing I am likely to have installed in my bath is a power lifter in and out device in a few years time! I looked at them in a disability shop when my mother was alive.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:16 PM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3257195&type=3

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top