Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 08:53 AM

Unfair, Or is it?

Good morning, wonder if anyone reading this would be kind enough to take a look at the General Chat Forum at the same title as, even with Lindyloo's help, I am useless with computers and cannot fathom how to cut and paste to this forum. I would be grateful for your input into what action, if any, to take regarding this matter. Thank you very much.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:01 AM

Re: Unfair, Or is it?

Hi , if you mean you want to copy and paste something then you have to click on the text you want to copy, hold the key down and drag your pointer to the right. you will see the first words turn blue , drag your mouse along the line till it all turns blue, then scroll down all the other lines till the whole lot has turned blue. Right click on your mouse and you will get a flag which says copy, click on that and your text will be loaded onto your mouse, go to the place where you want to offload it then right click the mouse again and it will say paste,.. click on that and hey presto job done . hope I explained ok
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 10:25 AM

Just wanted to point out SG that Cut & paste and Copy & paste are slightly different things.

If you are typing/editing text and want to move a section of text to another position then you would use Cut & paste because it removes it from it's original position.

If you want to copy text from somewhere then insert it into your post then do as described above by tomtwodogs.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 02:51 PM

Bless you Longdogs. I will know what to do next time. Thank you for such indepth instructions for this thicko. xx#

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top